Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rachelm1123 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2008, 09:13 AM
    Looking for yorkshire pudding recipe
    My grandmother and greatgrandmother were both from England, and yorkshire pudding was a specialty of theirs. However, there is no "recipe". It's just a little of this and some of that. I would love to make the yorkshire puddings for my own family - does anyone have any good recipes for this tasty bread? (My mom makes them in cupcake pans, and I know she melts shortening in each cup before she pours the batter in).
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 8, 2008, 10:34 AM
    Oh, yummie!! I love Yorkshire and just got a fab recipe from my mother-in-law. Now, you must mix the batter the night before and refrigerate overnight for the best result.

2 cups of flour
    1 teaspoon of salt
    6 large eggs
    2 1/2 cups of milk

Mix that together, cover and refrigerate overnight.

Now, after your roast is done cooking:

Take 1/4 cup of the drippings and heat in an oven set at 450 F for 5 minutes. While this is heating, wisk the ingredients you mixed the night before. Pour that into the pan with the hot grease and bake for 20 - 25 minutes.

Here's a trick... DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR DURING THIS TIME!! It will stay risen and fluffier if you keep the oven door closed during the 20 - 25 minute baking time.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2008, 11:13 AM
    I hope this helps -- Many to chose from

More Recipes Like Quick and Easy Yorkshire Pudding - All Recipes

Quick yorkshire pudding recipe - Google Search

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pudding poops [ 10 Answers ]

My GSD pup heidi is now 4 1/2 months old and she has pudding poops. We took her to the vet and he has taken a couple samples of her stool and nothing shows up as being wrong so he gave me metronidazole to give her at 250mg 3x a day. My questions are is this safe? Does the dosage seem right? (Heidi...

Pudding pops? [ 13 Answers ]

OK I know this is silly, but humor me for a few minutes... I NEED to find pudding pops... you know those fancy little ice cream delicacies they used to serve as a treat in the cafeteria... the chocolaty/vanilla swirled goodness that melted in your mouth... Does anyone know where you can find...

Lemon layer pudding [ 2 Answers ]

I just had to share this with you guys ben bought lemons last week for no apparent reason and I couldn't think what to do with them until this afternoon when I was thinking about my nanna and what she would do and bam lemon layer pudding I'm drooling at the thought of it and will be making a batch...

Yorkshire Terriers [ 2 Answers ]

I have a yorkshire terrier and I was wondering she is three yrs. And in heat not registered but still want to register her but in the mean time she gets hooked up with a non-registered yorkie and ends up having pups can she still be bred with registered yorkies or what damage does it do? Do you...

Recipe Trade: Here's my MarsBar Cheesecake Recipe (A real winner!) [ 1 Answers ]

From My Family Kitchen to Yours.. Want to trade a tried and tested family favorite? Here's one from my kitchen.. MarsBar Cheesecake, perfect for a Special Birthday - Sure to put a smile on that Birthday Persons dile:) This recipe is for a LARGE Cake - if you are catering for a smaller...

View more questions Search