Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 01:40 PM
    "Oh, Che can you see..." Got to love it

You know how it is in political elections, sometimes people get carried away with…symbolism over substance. I suppose the people who put up the image was just trying to symbolize “Change.” But who the Hell knows.

I expect when his staffers come in they will redecorate with something more appropriate.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2008, 02:01 PM
    wouldn't it be interesting if obama stays neck and neck, then loses the nomination to hillary due to superdelegates? Talk about yet again another bunch of "disenfranchised" dems, only this time from within their own house.

uhmm...

I can't even begin to decide who will win. The gop'ers think the dems are liberal idiots who can't pay for their bigger govt and the dems think the gop has blindly followed the prez into another round of deficit spending. Hmmm.. could they both be right?? =)

this is the point when my wife says we are playing I&A. meaning idiots and a$$holes. Sit back and label. Its not too hard. Some are even I and A.

I think its unwise to blow off obama's chances. g.h.w.bush had a lot more experience and was an incumbent and lost to the "charismatic" candidate. If he loses the nomination to hillary, even though there will be some discouraged, the dems have been showing up in record numbers. Heck, I saw three rep's switch to dem at the caucus to vote for obama. Don't care if you don't agree with him... he seems to be able to raise money and charge people. That goes a long way in an election.

not to mention some gop'ers are saying hillary is actually more conservative than mccain and are willing to let the dems take the hit if hillary gets the nom and the economy keeps turning down.

I live in Iowa. First in the nation to screw the nation. There is something wrong with the system when a significant number of candidates drop out within the first dozen or less states.

also, if the far right gop'ers play the "i can't vote for mccain" card, theyd better still go to the polls or they could lose a lot of other representation.

and lets not forget the likely supreme court nominations that should be coming up in the next term or two.

so if mccain gets the nomination, which he should, does he choose a conservative for vp to draw in the party or does he choose someone like lieberman to try to draw in indies?
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 02:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_crow
    You know how it is in political elections, sometimes people get carried away with…symbolism over substance. I suppose the people who put up the image was just trying to symbolize “Change.” But who the Hell knows.
    I don't know DC, with all of "dictator huggers" in Hollywood that love Chavez, Fidel, the Mahdi Hatter...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2008, 02:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    I don't know DC, with all of "dictator huggers" in Hollywood that love Chavez, Fidel, the Mahdi Hatter...
    More lies.
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 03:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    More lies.
    Tsk, tsk, NK. Surely you should know by now if I make the claim I'm going to be able support it.

American filmmaker Oliver Stone praised President Hugo Chavez on Friday as the Venezuelan leader launched a mission to airlift three hostages held by leftist rebels out of Colombia’s jungles.

Stone, standing near Chavez, said he was working on a film and hoped to accompany the humanitarian operation into Colombia.

“I’m doing a documentary about Latin America and also about North America. You have to wait around to see it,” Stone told reporters. He said he planned to take part in the mission, calling it a “beautiful, great process.”

“I’m hoping it works. I’m all for this,” Stone said.

The Oscar-winning director, who made a 2003 documentary about Cuban President Fidel Castro as well as the movie “Platoon,” called Chavez a “great man” and said “I’m a fan.”

Urging Stone to speak with reporters, Chavez told him in accented English: “The girls want to see you!” He joked that Stone was President Bush’s “envoy.”

“There are some good Americans. That’s why I’m here, to remind you,” Stone said.
    British supermodel Naomi Campbell has interviewed Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez, describing him as a "rebel angel" who is unafraid to speak his mind but poses no threat to democracy...

"I'd always heard Hugo Chavez was a people's president and I wanted to see if that was true... I didn't want to judge Chavez, or probe him for his political views, even though he gave them freely," she wrote.
    Chavez also has fans in Kevin Spacey, Sean Penn and Danny Glover. Penn of course hasn't found a dictator he doesn't love. :D
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by al1012
    i would like Obama to win because he would be the first black prz
    Is that the main reason?
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 03:39 PM
    How about Hanoi Jane Fonda, I mean there is just no end to them.
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2008, 03:43 PM
    The amount of repugs that are member of White Power groups is stunning, most will deny the Holocaust as well.
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 04:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    The amount of repugs that are member of White Power groups is stunning, most will deny the Holocaust as well.
    Good comeback, NK. :rolleyes:
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 04:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    al1012 agrees: what is wrong with Obama? i dont know whats going on but i am slowly getting into it
    Obama is a swell guy I'm sure, but first of all he is the most liberal senator in congress which goes against my every fiber, and he is extremely vague. As I pointed out earlier the Democratic campaign appears to be about nothing but who can win what group of people. Where's the substance? Jonah Goldberg says it "boils down to who is a more authentic agent of “change.” What does that mean? What does he stand for?
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Feb 15, 2008, 06:03 PM
    As a Texas conservative, I'm seriously thinking about going to the Dem primary and voting for Hillary. Reasons: 1. Obama scares me. He reads those teleprompters so beautifully and empty heads swoon. (Wonder who writes those speeches?) He seems to be running for president of the world. 2. If Texas goes for Hillary, she might stand a prayer, otherwise, she's done. 3. Hillary would be easier for McCain to beat. I don't really like him either, but our options are limited. What do you think?
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Feb 15, 2008, 07:57 PM
    "McCain. I think his resurgence has shown security is still crucial to Americans and they will not accept surrender"..

Surrender?? Do you mean withdrawing our forces from Iraq? That would not be surrender. It would be smart. Then we could concentrate on our BORDERS and keeping terrorists oput with the use of our military . After all they are supposed to defend US!!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2008, 09:53 AM
    I am more sure than ever that we need to all get together and say we are NOT happy with ANY of the choices and come up with one of our own that actually is for the people and by the people. Now more than ever the candidates are all going to put us in a globalization thing that we are going to regret.
    I have said for years that Bush had no intention of closing the border or getting rid of illegal aliens because he had an agenda for them to be here and it wasn't work... but an easier way to push for Big Brother and globalization.
    Obama already is in on the globalization initiative bill they are trying to pass. Some people call it the Obama initiative. We are going to end up the same with any of them but with Hillary it will be disaster because she only wants power for herself and *the little guy* she is so invested in will find out he means NOTHING to her grand scheme of self grandiose.
    Obama is scary because change can mean ANYTHING and I have a very sure feeling it isn't what we want or need.
    McCain is SOMETHING to worry about because he is a wolf in a sheep costume that doesn't fit.

Looking forward to your reply to this
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/curren...me-184461.html
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2008, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    I am more sure than ever that we need to all get together and say we are NOT happy with ANY of the choices and come up with one of our own that actually is for the people and by the people. Now more than ever the candidates are all going to put us in a globalization thing that we are going to regret.
    I have said for years that Bush had no intention of closing the border or getting rid of illegal aliens because he had an agenda for them to be here and it wasn't work....but an easier way to push for Big Brother and globalization.
    Obama already is in on the globalization initiative bill they are trying to pass. Some people call it the Obama initiative. We are going to end up the same with any of them but with Hillary it will be disaster because she only wants power for herself and *the little guy* she is so invested in will find out he means NOTHING to her grand scheme of self grandiose.
    Obama is scary because change can mean ANYTHING and I have a very sure feeling it isn't what we want or need.
    McCain is SOMETHING to worry about because he is a wolf in a sheep costume that doesn't fit.

Looking forward to your reply to this
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/curren...me-184461.html
    Third party candidates muck up elections; this is how we got Clinton, in my view. Participate, relax, and trust the American people, not in their attempt to elect panderers and vote buyers, but in determining good, effective leadership. Carter was elected; so what? He was ineffectual and replaced by the most dynamic leader of our generation. It can happen again. In any event, I believe it is critical that we get leadership to change the course we are headed down: governmental bankruptcy because of the Great Society and its progeny. We need a Congress with the guts to confront the future. Kind of makes you want to bring back 'term limits'.
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2008, 10:29 AM
    I know but what I am saying is we need to take the next few months to get people to realize that the choices are not an option we have to make it a nationwide thing and not let it be a third party but more of a take over type thing where everybody unanimously wants something other than these so called choices.
    The government we have now is passing laws behind our back that is going to cause us great harm and no freedom within the next few years and then it may be too late to stand up against their corruptness.

They already say that approximately a third of the Republicans feel disenfranchised not having a decent candidate to vote for so they don't plan on voting as it is.
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2008, 11:22 AM
    NOhelp4u says: "They already say that approximately a third of the Republicans feel disenfranchised not having a decent candidate to vote for so they don't plan on voting as it is." This observation is covered very well in the topic about whether one regrets having voted for President Bush. Party politics is a given and works; it is effective. The U.S. has historically embraced two party politics; it is 'tried and true'. It is very unsatisfying to look only at this election cycle or another as if it is the last great chance or opportunity. We are enjoying a process, not the 'end-all or be-all'.
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2008, 11:39 AM
    The future will tell.
    But everything I have ever said as far as the direction we are headed has always ended up happening and I am sure it is going to be a worse mess than ever within the next few years with anyone of these *choices* and worse yet if the Rhino McCain does end up next Pres whatever happens WILL be blamed on the Republicans worse than it already has been with Bush.
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2008, 12:59 PM
    Bush will not be judged harshly, as he is in the mainstream media. I've been around awhile and quit watching TV news in 1970, including "60 Minutes", when it became obvious to anyone with half a brain that the media is pushing an agenda. Bush deserves much better and he will get it, and live to enjoy it; just watch, or read, or listen.
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2008, 01:23 PM
    Sorry George, that's just not the case. He has already indeed been judged harshly anywhere that people congregate, it has nothing to do with the kind of media it is. Of course he will enjoy the rest of his life as he is flush with money, his stock portfolio has risen considerably while he's been in office - weird coincidence that.
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2008, 02:51 PM
    I don't care which one becomes President; so long as they get back to the war on terrorism that Bush has never started. I think that that is a question that should be put to each of them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overplaying a winning hand [ 4 Answers ]

I take some comfort in the fact that despite the most determined effort in US history to expand the powers of the Presidency beyond anything envisioned by the writers of the Constitution, the momentum now seems to be in the other direction. The scary thing is that the effort probably would have...

Winning her back [ 73 Answers ]

I work with a female I dated about 6 months ago ,we began sharing the same break table when we started dating .When the relationship ended (by my hand) she continued to come back and sit with me .I decided to try again with her because the first time I ended it I was afraid of getting to close...

Winning rights [ 4 Answers ]

I have a two month old son and when I first found out that I was pregnant I was no longer with the father he told me to get an abortion but I didn't I decided to continue on my own with my pregancy he would call me but to insult me he was mad that I didn't get an abortion. He wasn't there with I...

Winning over a girl [ 1 Answers ]

K so there is this girl that I really like and I'm kind of sure that. She likes me... But I need tips on winning her over... She's a good girl and she's beautiful. She already knows that I think about her that way but I just need tips on winning her over!

Neighbors are winning. Help me! [ 19 Answers ]

:( Please help. I'm at wits end. So bad it's effecting my marriage and motherhood. I am ready to go somewhere but nowhere to go... Recently moved into a newly built house on acreage(another story but nothing good). Neighbor allowed their dogs to run, cornered husband in port-a-potty during...

View more questions Search