Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KnickGhie Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2006, 12:43 AM
    Format
    Please give me advise, how can I format hardisk. Is there a website offering a free tool for formatting disk.
    Thank you!
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2006, 02:21 AM
    You don't need a free tool. Every operating system already has a tool to help you format your PC.

Various links as I'm to lazy to write the steps myself ;) :

http://www.ehow.com/how_6026_format-hard-drive.html
    http://www.helpdesk.umd.edu/topics/t...ows_2000/4349/
    http://freepctech.com/pc/001/002.shtml

Make sure you back up all your information before you do this. That may include:
    • Important documents, photos etc.
    • Passwords
    • Emails
    • Any web page bookmarks you want to keep

Oh how many times have I formatted my PC and then remembered there was a bookmark I wanted to save...
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Jan 19, 2006, 02:24 AM
    Formating
    KnichGhie,
    What is your actual requirement? You want to format the complete hard disk or you want to format the partitions. You should calrify what is your intention then only others can help in this. Which OS system you are using now? Is it XP, Windows 98 or Windows NT. Tell more about your system and why you want to format. Do you want to install the new OS?

Jan 19, 2006, 05:46 PM
    HI Shaved I want to completely format my hardisk, the current OS of that is wINDOWS 2000, I want to format because I want to delete all the files that are stored in there. And yes I wanted to install a new OS on that CPU.

Jan 20, 2006, 03:50 AM
    Formating
    Hi KnickGhie,
    I got you. I think the easiest way for you to format the hard drive complete and to install the new OS is to visit the following site.
    www.dewassoc.com/support/win2000/format2000.htm
    The instruction of formating the hard drive as well as installing the new operation system is given there. It will be better for you to take a print of those steps to keep it handy for your timely reference. The complete procedure is given in the site and it will not be good for me to type them again here.
    Make sure to make back up copies for all your files in your present system. You will loose all the data once you format the drive. I hope your hard drives are already partitioned. However, visit this website which has given the clear way of formating hard drives, especially for Windows 2000.

Let me know if you need any further help on this. If you still cannot do it then let me know.

Jan 23, 2006, 05:16 PM
    Format
    Dear Shave,
    Thank you for all the help that you gave to me. I was able to format now m,y PC.

BR,
    YOLLY

Jan 24, 2006, 01:23 AM
    Formating
    Hi KnickGhie,
    That is a good news,
    So you should give me a good rating for my post. Click the 'Comment on this post' in my previous post and rate it.
    Tx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

.avi format player [ 4 Answers ]

Please suggest me a free multimedia player which can play .avi format files on windows98 os.

Format? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a way in MS Word to merge several different articles & have them all the same length? Instead of: This is just an example! This is just an example!

Format And Reinstall Xp [ 4 Answers ]

I reinstalled xp because of a virse I got rid of but didn't know how to format my drive some things don't work right but it works slow now how do I format c drive and reinstall xp Thanka Tom

File format [ 2 Answers ]

Hi pals What is .rtf file format? Which application is used to edit or open that file?

Trying to format my hard drive [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a new 40 gig maxtor hard drive and I partitioned it and installed win 2000 on one of the partitions. I want to format the the other partitions and was unable to do it in my computer and right clicking the drive and selecting format. I was unable to do it in dos as well... How do I do it?...

View more questions Search