Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jawad_babar Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2006, 12:32 AM
    I owe to somebody
    I was in moscow 7 years ago. I spent there 5 years. I owe to three of my friends and colleagues. Its been a long time since I had no contact with them as they have now moved to new places and I don't have any contact number and my numbers here have now been changed too so I don't know where they are now. But I want to pay them the money back.
    Please advise what I should do as per the instructions in Islam? I know islam says to pay the money back before death otherwise it will be a problem after death.
    Kindly advise.
    Thanks.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2006, 09:52 AM
    Salam Alaykum, Jawad.

I can't cite it from Islam, but I do know enough about how you and I (as a Christian) View God:

He is a fair God. If you make a reasonable and honest attempt to contact these people to repay them, then that is all you can do.

... Just like visiting Mecca: I know that if it is not financially feasible to do so, then you are not required to do so.

I hope this helps.
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Jan 19, 2006, 12:04 PM
    Haq
    Dear Javed, Assalamu Alaikkum.
    Here you are talking about haq. The money you owe to someone is their haq and it should be paid back. It is strange that you have taken money from your friends or colleagues and you do not know their details or contact inforamtion. However, I am sure that you will be aware of their nationality. All of those guys will be remembering you. It would have been more appropriate for you to take their contact details before you leave Moscow. I am not in the level of a person who can give some fatwa on this issue. It will be better to contact someone who knows more about such a serious issue. Ask the same question in the Ask the Scholar column of ISLAM ON LINE. You may find it in www.islamonline.net. There are plenty of scholars who will look into your question and will give you the right answer.
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Jan 20, 2006, 04:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jawad_babar
    i was in moscow 7 years ago. i spent there 5 years. i owe to three of my friends and colleagues. its been a long time since i had no contact with them as they have now moved to new places and i don't have any contact number and my numbers here have now been changed too so i don't know where they are now. But i want to pay them the money back.
    Please advise what i should do as per the instructions in Islam? I know islam says to pay the money back before death otherwise it will be a problem after death.
    Kindly advise.
    thanks.

Salaam aleikum,

You must do all you can to find your friends and rerpay the debt. If you cannot find them, then you have done all you can and the debt will be excused at death.

M:)RGANITE

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search