Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chewbacca27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2008, 05:55 PM
    Shop lifting?
    I stupidly tried to steal pregnancy test from CVS. I didn't take it out of the store though, because I saw that an employee had spotted me taking it out of the package & putting it in my pocket. So I started moving toward the exit door & the employee started to follow me out so I just threw it on the floor of the store & ran. It never, as I said before, went out the store. So technically I didn't steal it. ( I know this is a trashy story, sorry. I am aware that it was really stupid.) But what I was wondering is if they would be able to charge me with shop lifting even though I didn't get it out the door? I know they have my name & everything because I had just picked up my prescription from the CVS pharmacy a few minutes before this happened. They have all my info. In the pharmacy computer. So I just wanted to know if I should be worried about having a warrant out for my arrest or something horrible like that.

Thank you: :(
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2008, 06:15 PM
    Hello chew:

You sure might. However, instead of just waiting for THEM to act, I'D act, and hire a lawyer. If the manager gets a call soothing his nerves, he might NOT call the cops. The call CAN'T come from YOU, though.

excon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chewbacca27
    I stupidly tried to steal pregnancy test from CVS. I didn't take it out of the store though, because I saw that an employee had spotted me taking it out of the package & putting it in my pocket. So I started moving toward the exit door & the employee started to follow me out so I just threw it on the floor of the store & ran. It never, as I said before, went out the store. So technically I didn't steal it. ( I know this is a trashy story, sorry. I am aware that it was really stupid.) But what I was wondering is if they would be able to charge me with shop lifting even though I didn't get it out the door? I know they have my name & everything because I had just picked up my prescription from the CVS pharmacy a few minutes before this happened. They have all my info. in the pharmacy computer. So I just wanted to know if I should be worried about having a warrant out for my arrest or something horrible like that.

Thank you: :(
    "Technically" you stole it - the store cannot now sell it and is out of pocket.

I would also transfer my prescriptions and never set foot in there again -

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weight lifting [ 2 Answers ]

Ive gotten to the point now where I divide my exericses groups into day such as my chest and legs one day and then my biceps and triceps the next time I work out etc.. I just wondering should I be doing multiple exercises per muscle so do three chest exercises on the day I do my chest and so on? ...

Caught shop lifting what will happen to me I stay [ 5 Answers ]

I got caught shop lifting I stay I n scotland I suffer from manic depression Caught shop lifting suffer severe depression did not think about what I was doing clean crimanl record Will I go to jail suffer from severe depression got caught never done any against the law before what will...

Shop lifting [ 3 Answers ]

Someone, anyone I need some answers real fast. I'm in Canada and I was caught shop lifting. I was charged of course and I'm waiting for my court appearance, needless to say I'm scarred and the way I see it I should be. I have a bi polar disorder for the last 25 years. And for some stupid...

View more questions Search