Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    koromili Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Feb 7, 2008, 05:30 PM
    I replace the heating elament but not working
    I replace the heating elament and still not working only works for 2-3 minutes and shots off after with the clothes:eek: non drying.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 7, 2008, 08:53 PM
    I assume that this is an electric clothes dryer. There are two temperature sensors. Rather than trying to figure out which one is defective just replace both. They are usually round about 1" in diameter and have tabs on either side for mounting screws.
    koromili Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2008, 12:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by koromili
    i replace the heating elament and still not working only works for 2-3 minutes and shots off after with the clothes:eek: non drying.
    OK the dryer stays on about 5 minutes heat comes out because I chnge the element but don't finish the drying cyrcle do you know what I have to change next.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 8, 2008, 01:28 PM
    Either your timer is bad or the temperature sensor is bad. Does it run for the entire time you set just not heating near the end or does it shut off completely and do nothing?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much does it cost to replace a transformeron the heating and air conditioner? [ 4 Answers ]

How much does it cost to replace a transformer on the heating and air conditioner?

Replace Heating Element in Kenmore Electric Dryer [ 7 Answers ]

Do I need to take out the drum or take out the inside plate from inside the drum to replace the heating element? Thanks Deb

Replace heating element in a Kenmore dryer [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have picture or directions on how to replace the heating element . I am in AZ and the dryer is back home in CA, so I do not have the model , but I can get it if it is needed to answer mymquestion. Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

How to replace heating element in Kenmoore dryer [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, The heating element on my Kenmoore 86873800 dryer. I have the part but don't know how to replace it. Anyone know how? Thank You!

View more questions Search