Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kiffydee Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Feb 7, 2008, 03:17 PM
    Spay of a female brittany
    Never had a female dog.. what should I expect for a spay. How do I know when to ask for a cone(the one over the head) I have had only one male pup and there was nothing to it. Her suregey is on feb 21. Thanks for the help.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 7, 2008, 05:06 PM
    Very simple. Write a list of all things you want to ask the vet about your dog and the spaying before you go, or start now with this. I paid $60. l0 years ago in Ontario. Don't know what it is now. She didn't need a cone on her head. She stayed away from her stitches quite nicely. Everything will go quite easily I am sure and you will have nothing to worry about, unless some of your anxiety passes off on to her. Don't let that happen.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2008, 08:32 PM
    Spaying is a pretty routine surgery for most vets. They'll probably send you home with a list of instructions. You will need the cone if she won't leave the stitches alone. But really, except for trying to keep her quiet for a few days to let the stitches heal up, it shouldn't be any worse than with your male.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My name is Brittany Frankel and I'm looking for my sister Michelle [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is Brittany Frankel. I will be 20 years old on Dec 22 2007. I now live in Florida but I was born in Texas and I haven't seen my sister since I was 3 years old. Im scared that I will never see her again. I know that her name is Michelle and I think she might be about 30 years old now. Our...

4 1/2 mo brittany dead round worms in stool [ 3 Answers ]

Just gave my 4 1/2 old brittany her interceptor green. And now I am seeing dead round worms in her stool 2x this am. Is this normal? Last check up prior they did a stool sample and it was negative. I asked of they need another one at last exam and they said no. she was at the vet on Friday and...

Sick puppy.lab/pit/brittany spanial mix [ 12 Answers ]

Took puppy (3 mo) to vet about 1 week ago for something that bit him.. got all better then all of a sudden he just lies around hasn't eatten for about 2 days barely drinks water... has dry heaves and seems to be losing weight... have offered wet food.. because what dog won't turn that down... didnt...

Spay a female dog [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Does anybody know a low or free spay/ neuter clinic? / in San Francisco CA. I have found one. The SF/SPCA, but it is overbooked. Thank you,

Brittany Puppy [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I just recently got a Brittany puppy about 3-4 days ago. He is 11 weeks old. He is going to be outside for most of the time but has a shed where his bed (crate) is and a fenced in area that's about 600sq. Ft to run around and play in. Now we played with him for most about the whole weekend...

View more questions Search