Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonyc7480 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2006, 08:48 PM
    Tired and pissed
    I have an 1983 dodge d150 I have a wire that keeps melting that is hook to the fusible link I have had the altenator check and it checks good I have replaced the voltage regulator 3 times I have a new battery the wire continues to melt the coating of then the wire breaks and when it does the truck stops charging I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem before
    :confused: :(
    Shane 3662 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2006, 11:12 AM
    Try this
    Ok dude I had the same problem. My alternator on my Dodge D350 let go and killed everything including the link. Try at least a 12 gauge link and see if that solves the problem. If not maybe the alt is overcharging. I hope that helps
    tonyc7480 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2006, 04:28 PM
    Thanks man but already had to replace the alternator it had a short in it I had it checked and it showed good then I had it rechecked and it showed bad so they said it had a short in the alternator but thanks anyway
    huskyjjc Posts: 35, Reputation: 3

Mar 5, 2006, 09:49 PM
    You can try to trace the wire to see where it goes and to what. If it is not grounding out the buy a new link and bypass the old one by cuting out the old link adding the new one and conect it to where the other end goes now the wire is new and if it happens again you know its not the wire

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 yr. Old dog will not eat and tired [ 3 Answers ]

I Have a 2 yr. old pit bull that is a lover & has always been happy and active but for the past 3 days has not eaten maybe 1 can of food and reall dose nothing else.. she is raggin and in heat & I have another male dog (Red Healer) but I'm not sure, Wats going on with her, I been keeping her in the...

I'm really getting tired [ 1 Answers ]

Its been since July first that I have been on my period. At first I thought OK its because I stopped the depo shot and its just trying to regulate itself. I started taking a new form of birth control (the pill). It was helping decrease my period but it made me nauseaded and develop too much yeast...

I'm tired of poop... [ 9 Answers ]

Mostly this thread is about me venting. Our lovely new little Basset Hound, Buddy, as my husband has named him, won't stop pooping in the house. We finally got him to stop peeing in his crate. He had to spend a couple of hours in a puddle of his own pee before we got home to give him a bath (the...

Tired of this problem... [ 8 Answers ]

The story of problem is rather long, but I'll try to keep it brief. I'm A 28 year old male who is still a virgin, and not for a lack of trying. Over the years, I have found that I simply don't get erections unless I Masturbate in a certain way, and I lose my erection within less than a Minute...

View more questions Search