Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kanalepa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2008, 08:50 AM
    What does violation of probation with new charges mean?
    My husband was convicted of Grand larceny in the 3rd degree which is a class D felony 2 years ago, he was sentenced to, 5 years probation because we got a good lawyer. He has done well on probation. Yesterday he was arrested again for another Grand Larceny in the 3rd degree, another class D felony, and I think that means he obviously violated his probation. He hasn't been charged with the 2nd one yet but he has been arraigned and is in the County jail. What is the worst possible scenario here? What happens if they violate him? Does that mean he will face the oirginal sentence for the first Grand Larceny? I am so lost and this time we don't have the money for a good lawyer all we have is the public defender and they suck usually!
    Any info would be greatly appreciated!!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2008, 10:55 AM
    Essentially he did break his original probation. He will have a probation violation hearing and the judge will spell out the terms of his punishment. He is currently in the county jail waiting for his probation violation hearing. He has been arraigned on the new charge (he already has been charged or he would not have been arraigned) and will go to trial and face a new set of punishments. Don't discount the public defenders as they can be known to do a pretty good job defending people. Your husband basically messed up again, only this time the judge is not going to be so lienent with him come sentencing time and most likely sentence him to time in prison instead of probation as he has proven himself to not take probation seriously enough to stay out of trouble.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation Of Probation [ 9 Answers ]

My husband was charged with Resisting Arrest w/o Violence. He was sentenced to take 8 hr Anger management Class. Probation for 1 year. Write apology letter to cop. Pay court fees & FInes = 825.00. My husband was pulled back into jail for Violation Of Probation. Everything else was...

Violation of probation [ 4 Answers ]

I am very distraught tonight over being found guilty earlier today of a trespassing charge that my husbands "best friend's" wife took out on me just because they & several other "friends" did not approve of our recent marriage. I was given 90 days w/time suspended. The thing is I'm already on a...

Probation Violation [ 3 Answers ]

:mad: Hello, I actually have a question about Probation Violation. My cousin was just arrested last night after police arrested him for a warrant. We didn't know why he was getting arrested as he did not either. The we realized it could have been a ticket that was not paid. My question is Is that...

Possible Charges for Vilation of Probation [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am a little confused right now and need an outside source for some answers. My husband is in jail in one county of NJ for possession and paraphonaila and because of this he violated probation which I understand. He has his voilation of probation this month and the charge son the...

Probation violation [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Bryant Ficklin well I was put on probation for the first time in March for a mis for batter I was sent to 1 year in jail all susspend well in December I was pulled over and charged with a owi which is a Amis and a Cmis minor consumpution and another C Open container in the car well I...

View more questions Search