Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2008, 06:21 AM
    Weirdest Rejection
    So, the weirdest thing happened to me last night... It's not that I don't get rejected because everyone does, but this was the weirdest one I have ever faced. Me and this girl have been talking ever since my break up, many friends stuff. She had said she thinks I'm cute and such, so I was talking to her last night and asked her if she would like to go see a movie sometime. Her response was "I would love too, but then I might start to fall for you, and you're out of my league I think, and you would end up cheating on me with someone better looking and it would break my heart and I just don't want to be put through that" I was really taken aback by this, do I really come off that bad of a person that she thinks I would cheat on her and turning down a date just based on what ifs? I mean she had this whole speech said to me about it, not that it sound pre arranged or anything like that.. But what the duece ha ha
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2008, 06:24 AM
    She has an insecurity within herself. She told you straight out she is unable to trust.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 7, 2008, 06:38 AM
    It wasn't a rejection, just a warning as to her thinking. She is telling you of her insecurity, straight up, so better not let her assume why you didn't call, if you do pursue her. Wonder if she had her heart broken, by a cheater, or worse case scenerio, did she run her last relationship away by being insecure and needy?? Just food for thought.
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2008, 06:40 AM
    That's true, I mean I had no intention of stopping contact with her, it just caught me completely off guard because she always seemed so relaxed and calm before and then boom hit me with that sentence
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2008, 06:49 AM
    I wouldn't even bother. I think that if you started dating her she would be more worried about what you're doing rather than actually getting to know you. You don't want to deal with a mad woman!

Do you have a reputation of being unfaithful? If not then I don't know what she is all worked up over.
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2008, 07:02 AM
    No, now granted, when I am single, I am a huge flirt but who isn't? Lol... I am always loyal to women as I know how it feels to be cheated on so I refuse to go down that road. Beautiful you're probably right with the whole dating situation as it would be more trouble than it's worth. I don't want to start with a relationship when I'm getting called every 10 minutes asking where I am and who I am with
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2008, 07:28 AM
    Sounds like she doesn't even want to give you a chance to prove your loyalty though... I mean, anyone who is faithful (or insanely addicted, as am I) to this forum knows your ability to be loyal/faithful/etc. to the girl that you're with.

Rome, its good that she told you what she was thinking upfront, yes, but she also is approaching this with presuppositions about you. That's not exactly the best way to approach a potential relationship.

Good luck in this one! :)
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2008, 07:40 AM
    Yea Historian, it was very awkward to have someone be that honest with me. It's like she is basing one date to a relationship filled with nothing but "what ifs" I appreciated her honesty and told her that I am a faithful person and in time due hope that she will see I am a faithful guy and also told her that she is in fact beautiful so she has nothing to worry about. We have talked about her confidence issues before while we were strictly friends and told her the most attractive trait a girl could have is confidence within herself

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rejection ! [ 13 Answers ]

It appears to be left up to the guy to show emotional interest in a girl. Girls do not pursue a guy. This makes it very difficult for a guy to know if the girl likes him, he can be friendly and look for indications of interest or he can ask her out. But if she does not know him, then she will...

Where is the most weirdest place! [ 68 Answers ]

Where is the most weirdest place you've had sex? Or been caught?:D

Insurance Rejection - need help [ 8 Answers ]

I do appreciate if anyone can help. My case is as follows: I did a physical examination on July 11, 2005, several weeks after I came to America, and on April 19, 2006 my doctor arranged me another physical examination without telling me it's necessary or not when I only requested immunization...

Rejection [ 5 Answers ]

My wife is 60 years old, her insurance rates keep going up and up in spite of the fact that she is in perfect health but for high blood pressure. Her Dr tells her that she has "white coat hypertension" i.e. her blood pressure is elevated only in the Dr's office, it is normal at home. Her mother and...

Rejection [ 2 Answers ]

What happen to our emotion and body when you are rejected?

View more questions Search