Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Neelie Posts: 512, Reputation: 39

Feb 7, 2008, 01:54 AM
    Uncooked flaky biscuits
    I have a recipe from a website called 'Epicurious' and I need 'purchased biscuit dough' also referred to as 'purchased refrigerated uncooked large flaky biscuits'. There's no way I'll be able to buy it where I'm living. Can anyone tell me how to make this. The actual recipe is for Baked apple, raisin and brown sugar dumplings. :)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 7, 2008, 04:24 AM
    Flaky Biscuits

4 c. all purpose flour
    2 tsp. baking powder
    1 tsp. salt
    1 c. crisco shortening (vegetable shortening)
    1 1/2 c. milk

Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt . Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk and work dough just until dry ingredients are well moistened and dough forms a ball. Roll out, not too thick, and cut biscuits
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2008, 06:39 AM
    Now all we need is the sausage and gravy, tickle. I'm going to be thinking of biscuits all morning now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dry, Itchy, Flaky Skin [ 7 Answers ]

I need a miracle for my dog. He is a retreiver mix with horrible skin. His skin is dry, itchy, and flaky. I groom him often and bath him regularly. He has been to the vet for it and been given medication, but it doesn't help. It has made it worse. I thought that maybe it was his food, so I...

Flaky metal halide light [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced the bulb once again in a troublesome fixture again. With a 10,000 hour life, It shouldn't be a couple of times a year. It came on right after I turned it on, but went out again. A rap on the housing brought it on again, another and it went off. If jumpering the photo switch and...

Maple syrup biscuits [ 2 Answers ]

I'd like to make biscuits with maple syrup. Has any of you a recipe ? Thanks

View more questions Search