Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mlp560 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2006, 02:33 PM
    Smelly bathroom
    I keep my bathroom extremely clean. It's a full bath, regular size with bathtub. I clean everyday and I am the only user. However, about a month ago until now, I smell urine from the toilet area, every time I enter the bathroom. Each time I use, I clean with Clorox again, and the next time I enter it, I smell urine again. There is no sign of water or leak around the toilet anywhere. What could it be ? Thanks
    augustknight Posts: 83, Reputation: 31

Jan 18, 2006, 03:19 PM
    Do you have a pet? That could be a possibility. If not, I think it has gotten into the floor, wood and other materials are very absorbent. Actually when you clean a lot it never gets a chance to dry out completely so try using an absorbant like powder or cat litter and sweep up and renew often to draw that moisture up.
    Many cleaners are simply masking odors. My father-in-law in a veterinarian and people often ask him how to get skunk odor off a dog. No, it's not tomato juice, it's a douche available in the woman's section of the pharmarcy. This product attacks the baterial agents that create the odor.
    Also, although I have never used this, I have heard that a bowl of vinegar will absolve odors in the air. Again, change often. Good luck.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 19, 2006, 06:34 AM
    To track down smells and weird noises you almost have to be there to do it.
    Have you taken the lid offand sniffed the tanks water? Where is the smell the
    Worst? The bowl? The base? From a drain? We can point you but you're going to be the one that has to track it down. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smelly Shower drain [ 3 Answers ]

Please recommend how to stop the smell coming from the shower stall drain. The shower is located on the second floor. I have poured bleach down it and let it sit for about 30 minutes but the smell returns. I have read to use oxygenated bleach but I am not sure if this would work any better. ...

Smelly Cold Water [ 29 Answers ]

We had our kitchen remodeled about 1 yr ago. All plumbing was moved to a different location in the room. In the last few months, the cold water in the sink started to smell and had a bad taste. After you run the faucet for about 5 minutes, the water does not smell, but after you leave it for a...

Smelly house [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a house about a year ago that other than a strong smell seemed perfect. I asked the person selling the house what the odor was and they assured me that it was only from a mixture of chemicals used to paint, clean, and strip. This seemed reasonable because the floors, carpets, and...

Smelly drains [ 1 Answers ]

I've tried draino and also the bleach techniqe however neither of them works but in addition to the shower whenever I flush my toilet I get the same odor.I live in a basement and while I am not sure what the technical terms are I think I have a direct vent to the sewer in my bathroom so there is no...

Smelly sink [ 1 Answers ]

My basement sink and dishwasher suddenly are smelling horrible. I've used clog removers, baking soda, and anything else you could think of, but it still stinks, I took out the trap to see if there was any crap in stuck in it, but it was clean. Can anyone suggest something?

View more questions Search