Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    red_rkh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 11:00 PM
    CAn you teach me how to calculate the total rating in KW of a 20ton PACU
    Hi, I'm an electrical engr. And I want to know how to calculate the rating in KW of a 20Ton Package ACU to decide the size of cable to use.thank you!
    pcrowther Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2008, 08:55 AM
    Look at the power requirements on the unit. The real driver in the system would be the condenser pump motor. This is off the top of my head, but I think a 20 ton unit is approx. 70Kw. (1 ton = 3.5Kw).

It depends on the voltage of the unit, the amp draw. Every unit is different. I have a 17 ton unit the uses 480VAC, 3ph @ 60 amps. My wire size will be about 6 or 4 AWG (4 is oversized alot) per NEC2005 codes.

If you have the spec sheet or manual of the ac unit this will tell you what power service to provide, in which you can size your wires and disconnect needed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calculate the firm [ 1 Answers ]

You have the following information on the You Can Do It Corp.: Current liabilities $100000 Current ratio 2.0 Quick ratio 1.4 Inventory turnover 6x Gross profit margin .20 Given these figures, calculate the firm’s total annual sales (assume that all sales are on credit). Show...

If you have a felony can you still teach [ 2 Answers ]

I was convicted with a felony. Can I still teach in Colorado?

How can I teach him to communicate? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been in a relationship for just under 2 years. I really love this guy and have thoroughly enjoyed being with him... however, a problem that comes up periodically is that he seems to lack the ability to communicate about tough topics. We can chat and laugh about the normal things all day...

Electrical outlet rating vs. Circuit breaker amperage rating [ 5 Answers ]

Hello to all, I am new to this forum, please excuse me if this question has been answered. I just bought a Thermal Dynamics Plasma cutter. It has a Nema 50-P plug end on it, which I assume is to be plugged into a Nema 50-R outlet. In looking in my reference book, this is a 3 wire...

Should I teach? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if you could advise me concerning my current education situation. I'm a sophomore tunring into a junior at Rowan University and I was pursuing a major in English and certification to be a teacher. I wanted to be a high school or middle school English/Literature teacher, but I...

View more questions Search