Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vader666 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 09:08 PM
    My pregnant girl who needs to get away from her parents
    I am 18 years old I have a 16 year old girlfriend we life with her parents in florence ky her parents won't let her get married and she is pregnant her step father molested her when she was little and we don't want that to happen to our baby the parents won't let us get married I was just wondering if there was a way she could get emacipated and can she get enacipated in the state of Kentucky
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 6, 2008, 09:22 PM
    Was the molesting reported, if not, report it, it may be out of statue of limiation, but it may not be.

Emancipated most likely can't hapapen, since she has to prove, on her own, she can afford to live on her own. I am not sure if Georgia will allow you to cross state lines ot marry, you can call a county clerk, Ga does allow a 16 who is pregnant to marry if she has a statement from her doctor, without parent permission.

Also if there is a danger in the home she can call family and children serivces and get them invovled in the situation.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2012, 02:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kitykaty View Post
    if you think you can wait to marry her then wait till she is older. if you can't wait take her away with her permission and find some guy to marry you two. then you can go back. if they ask why you took her away to marry her say something like you didnt give her enough room to make her own descisions.

This is a LAW forum. We take great pride in our answers. Many of us work with the law on a daily basis. Some of us do great research.

You are totally wrong - take her away with her permission and "find some guy to marry you"?

For starters this question was asked in 2008 - your advice was wrong then, too.

Please post your research that says that this girl can run away and get married with HER permission. I'm reading that she has to be 18 - even if she consents.

I realize your threads advise people that parents can't control them - is that the problem here? https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/person...ow-676464.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my girl friend pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

I Am Very Scared Myself I Had Unprotected Sex With My Girlfriend And It Got A Little Uncomfortable So Five Minutes Later We Stopped I Didn't Get Anywhere Near Ejactulation But For Some Reason Im Still Worried That She Might Get Pregnant, Should I Be Worried?

Parents disapprove- I'm 30yr old woman pregnant with biracial baby [ 18 Answers ]

I'm recently found out that I am pregnant. My boyfriend is black and I am white. My parents haven't met him even though we have been together 6 months already. They completely disapprove of us being together. My question now is how do I mend any relationship with my parents; knowing they do not...

I am an 18 year old pregnant girl, what do I do? [ 7 Answers ]

Let me start from the beginning, if you don't mind. I was 15 when I met this guy, and we have been together through thick and thin, ever since. We smoked pot and played guitar together in a band. I really love him and he really loves me. We have had plans about getting married. But he is a jerk...

What does assult on a pregnant girl carry [ 4 Answers ]

OK I am six months and I was assulted yesterday by a guy and I pressed charges on him and I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on what the charge carrys he almost hit me told me he was going to kick me in my belly and kill the baby then he spit in my face I live in tennesse and I have two...

Pregnant? Boy or Girl? [ 3 Answers ]

I found this forum & find it very interesting! SO I thought I would ask a question for all of you psychics & fortune tellers! My husband & I have been trying to conceive our second child & we have had to go on some fertility medicine. My birthdate is 8/11/78 & his is 10/12/79 - how long till we...

View more questions Search