Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sloman75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 06:03 PM
    My fan comes on a lot!
    I have a Goodman GMP125-4 A/C that is about 11 years old. Gas heat, electric cool. I have lived here for a little more than two years, and within the past 3 months, I've noticed that the fan comes on a lot. A lot means it will come on for 5 or so minutes, shut off for 30 seconds to a minute, then start over. It is just the fan, not hot air, not cold air. The thermostat is set to Heat and Fan is set to Auto. About 3 weeks ago, I installed a programmable thermostat and still no change. Why does the fan come on by itself normally? Also, any suggestions to correct this, if it is a problem at all?
    Thanks for any help you can provide.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 6, 2008, 06:13 PM
    Usually there is a cause for this.
    It could be a defective relay
    Defective fan limit control set at a bad balance point.
    If the unit has a circuit board that controls the blower it could be bad also.

It would be best to hook up a meter and when it happens trace the blower circuit down to find the defective part cause that is the only way to find the problem without just replacing many expensive parts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Worrying a lot! [ 4 Answers ]

I really think I'm going to worry myself sick about my puppy. I've ALWAYS got questions if you can't tell already! :p She had her first visit to get groomed today. She looks great, I was really impressed. The trimming all of the hair by her paws and trimmed her toe nails... the problem is......

17 and having a lot of complications [ 12 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for a year now, I am 17 and he is 23. He gets along well with all of my family as well as I do his. Something that I have always wanted to do was get pregnant and start an early family. Although it has always been a very difficult task for me to accomplish, With my...

Hi, I need a lot of help [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, Im new My period was due on dec 18. So I'm now 7 days late. I had implantation bleeding on the 11 of dec, which would be on track if I had gotten pregnant. My lmp was nov 20. I've done hpt some were positive, some were negative. This happened with my last pregnancy. So I'm not concerned...

A Lot of questions [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I just found and joined this place and have a few questions. From reading through here a little,I'm thinking I'll get better answers here then locally. First - I am NOT an electrican (my questions will show that :o ) so excuse anything that may seem odd. Ok On to my situation...

View more questions Search