Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    furgiee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 04:53 PM
    Hiring a Cleaning Crew
    I am hiring a cleaning crew which is licensed & bonded. I was told that if one of the crew were hurt in my house, I would be responsible but that homeowners insurance would cover any claims made. Is this true?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2008, 06:39 PM
    The cleaning company is licensed and bonded which essentially means that they are licensed if they break or accidentally destroy something, and bonded if one of their employees takes anything. Ask your cleaning company about this scenerio to be on the safe side and also ask your insurance agent as well. This way there will be no surprises in case something happens.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2008, 07:22 AM
    Hello furgiee:

If you were hiring individuals, then you would be their employer. As their employer, you would be responsible if they hurt themselves on the job through workman's compensation.

However, you didn't hire individuals. You hired a company. The company is their employer and the company is responsible if their employee is hurt on the job. You are not their employer. You are simply contracting with their employer

If, however, they got hurt on the job due to YOUR negligence, they could sue you for damages including pain and suffering. Your homeowners insurance SHOULD cover you in that instance.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cost of Hiring Someone to Paint [ 24 Answers ]

We are in the process of redecorating our family room, and two bedrooms. We have asked for estimates to paint these 3 rooms. The rooms are 12X18.5, 12X17 and the 3rd room is 12X14. Also there is a small foyer along with a short hallway. We are providing all the paint. We received one quote of...

Illegal Hiring--is it criminal? [ 53 Answers ]

Want to solve the so called illegal Hispanic immigration problem? Crack down on those who are gladly breaking their own country's law by doing the hiring. As long as there are AMERICANS who value profit more than they value their own country's laws and continue to illegally hire people they aren't...

Elephants crime crew [ 1 Answers ]

Stories of Bandits robbing on the highway have been heard earlier but have you ever heard of a "Bandit Elephant" who robs people on the highway!! Yes, waylaying motorists in northern Keonjhar district in Orissa state of India has complained that a wild elephant refuses to let their vehicles pass...

Looking for a crew. [ 3 Answers ]

I have found a multi million dollar market for a web module similar to Ask me help desk. If anyone works for a company who does this type of programming or you know someone who could do it and would pay me a commission for introducing you to the people who are looking for it please send me a...

Hiring without being bonded [ 2 Answers ]

Can a business that needs to have it's employees bonded to enter customer's home, legally hire someone who has not been bonded? I stupidly signed a contract with a business before they had all my information - insurance, registration, background check- and decided the job was not for me. They are...

View more questions Search