Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EViper Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 12:14 PM
    Computer is choppy when loading
    I have been having problems with my computer for the past few months. I have made no hardware changes since my problem started. I first noticed that the computer started taking a lot longer to startup then usual. And when I would click on my account name to load my person files the windows sound bite was really chopy. Ever since then every game I play, except WOW for some reason, runs VERY laggy. I became most worried when I tried play GTA:SA. When I load a file on the game the music goes into slow motion and when I play the lag stops until I start to move around and the game loads more of the scenery.

The Specs are
    AMD Athlon 64 Prcessor 3400+ 2.40 GHz
    2 GB Ram
    Windows XP (SP2)
    AGP 8X
    GeForce 7800 GS OC, 256MB
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2008, 01:18 PM
    Sounds like you picked up some spyware along the line. Also defrag your hard drive and run a registry repair and you should be a-okay.
    EViper Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2008, 10:21 AM
    I defraged both harddrives and ran three different registery repair programs and an AVG spyware scan. It fixed some registery problems but almost all my games still lag really badly.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2008, 05:58 PM
    Fool around with the settings for your video card. Usually the settings need tweeked or the settings inside the game need to be tweeked.
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Feb 8, 2008, 08:41 AM
    Try posting your question here:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/computers-beginners/
    Some people specialize in areas such as yours. Scottgem would be a great person to ask this question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to displace the loading image with a message like "loading... "? [ 3 Answers ]

How to displace the loading image with a message like "loading"?

Issue with "choppy" water in kitchen faucet [ 9 Answers ]

It's a single-handled faucet with the built-in sprayer. The issue I'm having is with the water flow. It seems to be very choppy, with a loud banging noise whenever I turn it on. The problem seems to be with the hoses underneath, but I have no idea how to fix them, or whether I need to do something...

My computer constantly reboots on the windows loading screen [ 3 Answers ]

My computer is constantly rebooting on the windows loading screen, the little screen where the bar goes across etc. After that it blue screens for literally .01 seconds then restarts, I've tried to take video of this to read what the screen says but even w/ a tripod the screen comes out...

Choppy Gameplay [ 21 Answers ]

I recently wiped everything off my computer, and now, I can't play any games w/o it getting all choppy. I have all drivers but some multimedia driver, but I don't know if that's the reason. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

DVDs playing choppy, what's wrong? [ 1 Answers ]

One night my dvds were playing fine, the next night they started getting choppy. I have tried using Windows Media Player and Cyberlink Power DVD, both with the same results. The only think I can think of is that a week or so prior I downloaded some movies to my hard drive since my external...

View more questions Search