Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tunink Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 09:34 AM
    Adobe and Quickbooks Error 1606
    This error occurs when trying to install a higher version of Adobe.

Error reads as follows Error 1606: cannot access network location \\kimpc\\buster document\my pictures.

The error is the same when trying to update Quickbooks.

The error apparently started after another machine was added to the network and the current "tech guy" changed some files around.

This file is very important for our bookkeeper to access, hence why I need help.

Any advice will be welcome.

Thank you,

Tunink
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 6, 2008, 09:39 AM
    Try deleting the mapping to that network share, reboot then try to install.
    Tunink Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 10:35 AM
    Cool got it to work.

All I did was just create another user account and reinstall adobe along with quickbooks.

Other options were to modify the registry, which I'm not comfortable doing.

Thank you for the answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Entering into quickbooks [ 2 Answers ]

I have to enter things into quickbooks pro 2005, I am in the advances part of the class so the homework is not just some parts of a small business but, the whole outlook on the business. I am having problems trying to get this transaction put it. Purchased a 10,000.00 computer system on...

Error Message 1606 [ 2 Answers ]

I have been trying to install Adobe Acrobt 7 professional into the OS Windows 2003 Server. Every time I try to install it, it give me this message "Error 1606. Could not access network location \Startup" If any one can help me solve this problem please tell me or direct me to a web site that can...

Quickbooks Question [ 1 Answers ]

The company I work for has uncleared checks dating back to 1999. We want to get rid of these to have a true balance. How do I get rid of these without throwing off all of the other year balances? Is there a way to do it in 2004. I know you could do a journal entry but that wouldn't unclear the...

View more questions Search