Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    STRANGER_OF_UR_DREAMZ Posts: 61, Reputation: 2

Jan 18, 2006, 07:10 AM
    That file
    hi pals
    i m in a desparate need to know about this........as u know DAT files are vidio files but i have some DAT files in the system which dont play the vidio infact the are not vidio files at all.....i found them in yahoo messenger files in the archives.... it is in this files the chat details lik wat we chat with our friends are stored....i can only open them with my yahoo messenger....and now one of my friends id has been blocked and he needs to open these files and he had tried to open them with all the programz he runs in his system but everytime he could end up were he was.... he could not open the files so he asked me for a solution and even i tried to open them but all my plans were a flop so anyone here can u suggest me how to retrive the data in those files?i m damn intrested to know abt this............plz post any solution if it realy works
    thanks pals
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 18, 2006, 07:14 AM
    You have answered your own question right here
    Quote Originally Posted by STRANGER_OF_UR_DREAMZ
    .i can only open them with my yahoo messenger
    That files aren't all videos, they are basically DATA files.
    Sometimes you can use Notepad to view them, but its always best to use the program that created them in the first place.
    STRANGER_OF_UR_DREAMZ Posts: 61, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2006, 02:36 AM
    Hey
    Hey pals
    I was asking tat can we open the that file created by Yahoo messenger with any other programs , I have tried to open the file with notepad but I can't read the data there. I asked for other programs because I could not open the file with Yahoo messenger even... so you say I have answered to my question above but it is not working. So can I have any other solution please...
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 19, 2006, 02:42 AM
    AS both Scott and I have said these that files can only be opened by Yahoo messenger and more than likely ONLY by the person that originally created them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

RSC file [ 3 Answers ]

Hi: I bought many educational software title. These titles contain a type of files which have file extension .rsc. What kind of files they are? And how to open them? Thanks.

How to file on OPT + H1B [ 7 Answers ]

I was on OPT from Jan 2005 to May 2005 and on H1B from June 2005 onwards. My husband is on H1B and we have a 12 year old son who is my dependent in papers. What is the best way for us to file our taxes and what are the deductions we can claim. I am an Indian citizen. Do we file a join return or...

F1/OPT how to file? [ 3 Answers ]

I graduated in May of 05 with a MBA and have been on my OPT since then. I’m not sure how to file my taxes and what forms to use. Also, being an Austrian citizen I am not sure if there is a tax treaty between Austria and the US, and if there is, how that will affect how I need to file. I have...

How to file a Tax! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Can anyone help me how to pay my tax. I'm in H1B, just 6 months back I tranfered my H1b to new company, when I joined the new company, they promised me to pay LCA salary, according to that they paid me for last 5 months after deducting the TAX. And now I got a project,...

If I file 1040NR, do I file state as nonresident? [ 1 Answers ]

The title says it all-I worked in several states but I am foreigner. Does that mean that I file state taxes as non-resident as well?

View more questions Search