Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jb1973 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2008, 08:31 PM
    1 year later after intent to dispute filed
    1 year ago, Feb 2007, I went through a company filing judgment against me. I asked for debt verification via letter and never got it. They went forward. I filed an intend to dispute with the court and with them. I also went through interrogatories. I didn't hear anything for months. Late summer 2007 I got something about a mediator, called them, they said the plaintiff needed to call them. Apparently that never happened. Now we are back in Feb 2008 and I just got a Plaintiff's motion for summary judgment sent to me about the same issue. Can they do this? According to several people on this website, this is where I ask them to verify the debt and file an intent to defend. Can they wait this long for that to happen? Thanks.
    jb1973 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 02:01 PM
    Basically I just want to know if they have a year to validate debt after requested? Can they do this? Can anyone refer me to a lawyer in GA that could help? Thanks
    blk_beauty Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Feb 6, 2008, 02:09 PM
    Hi, to my understanding they have up to one yr. from the first filing date. Srry I don't live in Ga. When I needed a lwayer I went to Google and put in my state and lawyers, and I received hundreds of lawyers and their numbers. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Judgement filed after bankruptcy filed [ 3 Answers ]

I was summoned to appear in court on 4/15/05 for a delinqeunt debt to a credit card company. On 4/28/05, I filed bankruptcy but on my credit report the company filed a judgement on my report on 5/5/2005. Can they put a judgement on my credit after I have filed bankruptcy?

Filed INtent To Defend, Now CC company wants to settle Out of court [ 1 Answers ]

First of all thank you to all who advised me on how to help my parents. I filed the Intent to Defend with the Court and also asked for a hearing and for the Credit Card company to provide the court and myself with proof of the original signed contract. My parents got 2 letters today, one from...

Intent to Defend [ 2 Answers ]

I would like a sample form on filing a intent to defend

Proof of Tax filed for Year -2005 [ 1 Answers ]

I want to sponsor my parents on visitor Visa in US. One of the documents required is the proof of my previous years tax filing. I did file tax returns for yr-2005 but unfortunately, I don't have any proof, I know there are Form-4506 to get previous year tax returns, but they charge $39. Can...

Filed 1040 in 2005 instead of 1040NR: Which form should be filed for 2006? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I came to the US in Fall 04 and since then have been continuously on an F-1 student visa. I filed form 1040NR-EZ for 2004, but for 2005 I hired a CPA who (without informing me) filed a 1040 on my behalf. In there, he claimed an education credit (or something to that effect) which effectively...

View more questions Search