Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maria26 Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Jan 17, 2006, 11:42 PM
    Sexually Attraction and friendship
    If two people work together (once a week) and are sexually attracted to one another... but one is married can they keep the relationship as friends? One happens to be married the other single, one 20 the other 40. Can the attraction be seen by others viewing them... basically can a man and a woman remain friends despite the sexually attraction between them? Please someone respond!
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2006, 03:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by maria26
    If two people work together (once a week) and are sexually attracted to one another...but one is married can they keep the relationship as friends? One happens to be married the other single, one 20 the other 40. Can the attraction be seen by others viewing them...basically can a man and a woman remain friends despite the sexually attraction between them? Please somene respond!
    Well there have been times when I have felt sexually attracted towards colleagues that were also friends. I am still friends with them. The feeling either passes or even if it remains it's only lust. We are only human. I was in a relationship (with my ex) I was 18yrs when I became sexually attracted to a friend and work colleague who was 27yrs. He was also in a relationship. In the beginning we flirted like mad and he always used to send me emails and I would respond. It was harmless fun also I thought, until one day he asked more of me. I simply told him that nothing could or would ever happen because we were both in a relationship. After that the flirting stopped and we remained good friends and used to hang out a lot but nothing ever happened. We are still friends now. I still think he is gorgeous but it's something I have never & will never act upon. The feeling of love that I am experienceing with my boyfriend Pete, means way more to me than lust ( even though it does scare me).

So the answer to your question is YES!!
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jan 18, 2006, 06:48 AM
    I think two people can remain friends despite the sexual attraction. Your always going to be attracted to other people regardless if your with someone or not or your happy or unhappy.
    But as long as both people know that a sexual relationship isn't an option, than I believe people can work past that. Now on the other hand if one person only wants the friendship and the other doesn't agree and wants more, I think that can be desaterous for any kind of friendship that you want to maintain.
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2006, 07:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bizygurl
    I think two people can remain friends despite the sexual attraction. Your always going to be attracted to other people regardless if your with someone or not or your happy or unhappy.
    But as long as both people know that a sexual relationship isn't an option, than I believe people can work past that. Now on the other hand if one person only wants the friendship and the other doesn't agree and wants more, I think that can be desaterous for any kind of friendship that you want to maintain.
    A good point - if one wants more and the other just wants friendship then it won't work.
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jan 18, 2006, 08:24 AM
    Exactly, I was in a similar situation not long ago, The guy wanted me to give him something more and I just couldn't. We are both married and I wasn't about to cheat on my husband. And of course this man talked to me still but kept bringing up an affair and in the end any friendship that we did form just fizzeled out. For the better.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 18, 2006, 08:27 AM
    Sexual attraction and friendship
    As a full blooded american male married 30 years and am very attracted to the opposite sex,if you can't meet my wife then I doubt that we could even be friends,when I was single she met all my female friends and to this day they are our friends.:) So my answer is yes as long as you repect each others boundaries:cool:
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2006, 08:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    As a full blooded american male married 30 years and am very attracted to the opposite sex,if you can't meet my wife then I doubt that we could even be friends,when I was single she met all my female friends and to this day they are our friends.:) So my answer is yes as long as you repect each others boundaries:cool:
    Pete has met every male friend that I have (which is in fact the majority of my friends) they have become mutual friends and it's not a problem if I hang out with them on my own or Pete is there too.
    saan Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2006, 01:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by saan
    No, as long as they continue working 2getha, the fireworks are bound to explode. If there is a lot of sexual attraction..;1234@#%&*((
    And yes the attraction can be seen by others. becaus every word, touch, move can say a lot to others watching. If this relationship is going to cause hurt and pain to others then it should be reconsidered and one of the two involved should fina another job.
    Im not an expert and all advice given is purely my own opinion and thoughts!! :)
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2006, 06:56 AM
    Hi, Maria,
    Yes, one can be friends with someone who is sexually attractive. But, as others have stated, the married one must know themselves and know they would never do anything to hurt their spouse. It would be up to the married one to make the final decision whether they want to be good friends. A single, sexually attractive person, really has "nothing to lose" in a relationship, as compared to the married person.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Friendship questions [ 8 Answers ]

Hi before I start I will say that I don't know what catogery to put this in because it is a mixture so I put it in here as we are both teens - I am 14 he is 19. Please can a mod/admin whatever move it if its in wrong area. Basically one of the people at school I get on quite well with - it...

Friendship Cake [ 6 Answers ]

I have recipe for Friendship Cake but I don't have any starter anymore, Does anyone know how to make it? This is a great cake to give on the holidays. I sure would be thankful! Carol:D

Did I screw Up our friendship? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello everyone, first off I just want to say that I'm really happy that there is a website here that people can ask for advice.. it gives people a different look at things.. whether they take your advice or not.. its good to here someone's opinion.. On with me story I go... My friends...

Does Sexually Attraction Interfer? [ 5 Answers ]

In my line of work... you deal with a lot of vendors... one of them happens to be a married man... we occasionally have lunch. Well I started to have feelings for him... and I have a feeling he did too. Now when we see each other, we grab on to each hug and his started to kiss me a lot on the...

Its all about attraction; [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I am nishu,and I have prolem which is very silly to here.I am more attracted towards the women of age between 30 to 35 years,silly is't it.ut my friends used to make fun on the same topic.I am really confused,what do ,is this because aged women are really sexy to look at or there is some...

View more questions Search