Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maria26 Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Jan 17, 2006, 11:36 PM
    Does Sexually Attraction Interfer?
    In my line of work... you deal with a lot of vendors... one of them happens to be a married man... we occasionally have lunch. Well I started to have feelings for him... and I have a feeling he did too. Now when we see each other, we grab on to each hug and his started to kiss me a lot on the cheek. Prolem his 40 and I'm 20, his married and I'm single. And I want to but... I have morals that seem to get in the way and he does too. But yet when we see each other we are turned on... can we still see each other once a week and keep the relationship the way it is and nothing more... basically can a man and a woman be friends despite sexually attraction?
    maria26 Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Jan 17, 2006, 11:38 PM
    Please... will someone give me there input!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 18, 2006, 12:14 AM
    Maria, you should not get mixed up with a married man. Don't fall for his lines, he's probably just interested in you for sex and nothing else. Your young, there's a lot of single guys out there that will be happy to date you. Stay away from this man.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 18, 2006, 09:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by maria26
    In my line of work...you deal with a lot of vendors...one of them happens to be a married man....we occasionally have lunch. Well I started to have feelings for him...and i have a feeling he did too. Now when we see each other, we grab on to each hug and his started to kiss me a lot on the cheek. prolem his 40 and im 20, his married and im single. And i want to but...i have morals that seem to get in the way and he does too. But yet when we see each other we are turned on...can we still see each other once a week and keep the relationship the way it is and nothing more...basically can a man and a woman be friends despite sexually attraction?

First 40 and 20 is not the issue, age has nothing to do with it, unless he is merely a middle aged man in a mid life crisis looking for love in all the wrong places.

The fact that it is first interfering with your work and you are interfering with his marriage it is a problem.

Do not allow "hugging and a kiss" to continue, sit your foot down and demand proper respect from a married man.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2006, 09:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by maria26
    Please...will someone give me there input!
    Ok, so at 1:36 AM EST you post your problem.

Then, at 1:38AM EST, you ask for someone to answer?? Give us more than 2 minutes. We aren't Superman.

I agree with PrettynPetite1. Don't get mixed in with a married man because heck, he is just thinking about sex considering your age difference.

Obviously you have to work with him, but can you get someone else to take over? If not, keep it professional and don't let yourself get fooled by him. If he really cares for you, wait until he leaves his wife and gets divorced before perusing a relationship. Because anything before that, then odds are he’s just using you for the sex.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 18, 2006, 10:18 AM
    You at age 20 have no business messing with a 40 year old man at all.No hugging no kissing no contact and I say it that way because he's married and no good could become of this relationship at all.Unless the two of you can respect each others boundaries then you should make a wide berth of this one.I see misery and pain in your future if you continue down the path your on!:cool:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Attraction at work [ 10 Answers ]

Here is my story: I work for a CPA firm. We moved to a new location last winter. Next door to us is a music industry, with mostly men. They are a very friendly down to earth kind of guys. But there's big differences in personality and the environment as you can understand. They are a loud...

Sexual attraction [ 9 Answers ]

Hey all, I hope you can help me with my problems. I know all of you have possible tried more, and maybe, you can see some big idea with all of this. First of all, my name is Rune, and I'm 19 years old. I work the weekends at a nightclub in my town, and during the week, I work at an...

Sexually Attraction and friendship [ 8 Answers ]

If two people work together (once a week) and are sexually attracted to one another... but one is married can they keep the relationship as friends? One happens to be married the other single, one 20 the other 40. Can the attraction be seen by others viewing them... basically can a man and a woman...

Fatal Attraction [ 7 Answers ]

OK, so I'm not a vengeful person, and I really try to look at a situation from all sides... but my sides are running out any advise? Here's the scenario, this female, with a child, has taken a serious liking to my husband. For about the last 6 months I have patiently watched this person...

Its all about attraction; [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I am nishu,and I have prolem which is very silly to here.I am more attracted towards the women of age between 30 to 35 years,silly is't it.ut my friends used to make fun on the same topic.I am really confused,what do ,is this because aged women are really sexy to look at or there is some...

View more questions Search