Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tryintoconceive Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Feb 5, 2008, 03:04 PM
    If I had sex the day before I ovulated, can I be?
    If I had sex the day before I ovulated and skipped the actual date of ov , did I increase my chances of getting pregnant? Also, I tracked my ov dates, and I was just wondering when I should take a pregnancy test, my period is supposed to come about 1 1/2 weeks to 2 weeks. Please help
    :confused:
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Feb 5, 2008, 05:10 PM
    Yes, having sex close to ovulation increases your chances of becoming pregnant. If you are still 2 weeks away from your period it is too soon to take a pregnancy test.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 5, 2008, 07:52 PM
    It is possible as sperm can live in our bodies for up to 5 days. While the egg, once released from the ovary, is only viable for fertilization for 18 - 24 hours, the sperm can live much longer.

Remember, if you are Trying to conceive that intercourse every other night gives you a much higher chance of conception.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My date speaks outloud over sex his sex fantasies of three-way sex [ 5 Answers ]

Hello there, I have been dating this guy not for long time now. From the beginning while we were having sex he mentioned his sexual fantasies to me. He wanted to have another women joining us. I asked me why not him with two other women not me being involved. Anyhow, a few days ago he mentioned...

Periods the next day after sex, 7 days early, am I pergnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, me and my girlfrnd had protected sex (we did have a bit of a problem with the condom this time, as it was bit loose from the end, but I did not enter so far so it could touch her, neither did I ejculated in her, I always ejaculate outside her and further check the condom for any hole, nothing...

Fault to pay rent on day by day lease [ 3 Answers ]

My father rented a house in Rockport, Texas to a small family. He used a verbal contract with stating it would be week by week basis. If they didn't pay they would have to leave. Well they have not paid in nearly a month. My dad kept giving them chances. Well now they will not move. My question...

Bleeding the day after sex [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a teenage girl who had just had sex. This morning I realized that I started bleeding. Is this normal and will it go away.

Could I be pregnant if I miss a day, the day after ovulation? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been on birth control for 7 months and I take my pill everyday at 7:00 almost every day. I accidentally skipped one of my days. But the day that I skipped, stupidly I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend that day. It was around the time of my ovulation time but the day I supposidly...

View more questions Search