Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Feb 5, 2008, 11:14 AM
    Remembering fallen solders
    I think this is a great time to start saying "Thank You" To the Troops over seas. I just lost a few friends over seas. And I wish I was there for them. So please take the time if you can and say thank you. Pro Patria (For Country)

Thank you
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2008, 11:23 AM
    THANK YOU!!!

Great idea, Scottish.

I wrote something a while ago in tribute to "our boys"... I've sent it to my friends while they were overseas and evidently it helped.

So, here's to our boys:

The last verse of "America, the Beautiful" is perfect for a thank you to you and your fellow soldiers.

"Oh, beautiful for heroes proved...."
    You are a hero. Your daily sacrifice is of hero caliber.

"in liberating strife..."
    I recognize the hazards of your job and do not forget to pray for you daily.

"Who more than self their country loved..."
    By sacrificing your time - time that could be spent in numerous other ways - you prove your love of country, dedication to our safety, and commitment to fulfilling the dream of peace and safety.

"and mercy more than life..."
    As evidenced in countless pictures that have made their way back home, I'd like to thank you and your fellow comrades for your mercy and grace to those on foreign fields.

"America, America may God thy gold refine..."
    YOU are our treasure - our heroes; being refined and tested only serves to make the lustre of gold SHINE!

"till all success be nobleness and every gain divine."
    From my heart to yours... THANK YOU.

Reminders... lest we forget.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help remembering book title [ 3 Answers ]

I remembering reading a book my grandmother lent me years ago. I thought the name of the book was Johnnie Mae. I remember the main character is a girl and she has a boy's name. It's a "coming of age" story and I think it's set in the Appalachian mountains, but I'm not sure on that point. Can...

Remembering the OSI 7 Layers Uses [ 2 Answers ]

Morning everyone! I've just started studying for my CCNA and I'm finding remembering the uses of each of the OSI 7 Layer model hard! I've got the great mneumonic "A Pretty Silly Trick Never Does Please" to remember each layer, but I just can't remember what each does! Has anyone got an...

How we can help our US Solders [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if there is a way to help the US solders to get better or more care providers to help those with post traumatic stress disorders with the Marlboro miles and UPC's to help those that are crying out for help before they hurt themselves or there families. I have saved a lot of...

View more questions Search