Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mom22 Posts: 45, Reputation: 4

Feb 5, 2008, 08:15 AM
    Grout or caulk?
    We recently had a bathroom remodeled and he used grout on all the seams (corners of walls, where the tile meets the tub, etc). I think it's supposed to be caulked. Should I remove the grout and caulk? If so, what the best, simplest way to do this.
    Thanks.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 5, 2008, 11:45 AM
    Grout is for the large flat surfaces but where they meet in the corner or base should be caulk. Just leave it for now since its in place. If it starts cracking next year, probably will, then you can chip it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Caulk or grout [ 1 Answers ]

I just set 50 large tiles (8" X 10") above the installed fiberglass shower/tub unit/ THese tiles run along the top of the shower up to the ceiling, then along the sides in front to the floor. I had planned on grouting the tiles, with a color gout that would go well. I found a DAP product, tile...

Caulk and grout in shower [ 1 Answers ]

I recently replaced some tiles on my shower floor and walls. I scraped out as much grout (it didn't look like caulk) as I could at the wall joints and the floor/wall joints, but didn't get most of it out. Then I put sanded grout in the joints and over the old grout, but after doing further reading...

Grout, caulk or both in all tile shower stall [ 4 Answers ]

The caulk in my upstairs shower stall is looking nasty where the tile wall meets the tile floor- I removed most of the old caulk and am now running into grout- it's basically in good shape, just want it to look good and stay that way- question- should I regrout as well as recaulk- any suggestions...

Caulk vs. Grout in the shower [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I have a shower with tile on both the walls and floor. It is a natural stone type tile. The grout (at least I think it is grout) at the joint where the wall tile meets the floor tile has turned black with mold and/or mildew and I need to replace it. I think the cause is inadequate...

Caulk vs. Grout [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I'm a newbie here and need to know something -- Are CAULK and GROUT the same thing?? If not, what is the difference? Thanks!

View more questions Search