Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessnwoo79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2008, 12:30 AM
    Woman beaten in own home and cannot get the abuser out!
    I have cousin in Florida and her daughter and 2 grandchildren live with her. She has had a lot of problems with her daughter and has had the law there many times. She just recently was beaten by her daughter and went to the police station to have her removed from the household. The police told her that nothing could be done because her daughter receives mail there and that makes it just as much her residence as my cousins. What can we do to get her out of this home legally? Please help this case is getting very dangerous.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2008, 03:34 AM
    It is true the police can't make her leave if she gets mail there.
    Go to the local magistrate or courthouse and file eviction papers against her
    Stating abuse as the reason since it doesn't seem like rent agreement is the issue.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2008, 05:53 PM
    Did the police take a police report on the beating? Get a copy of the report and go to the DA's office and press charges for domestic violence against the daughter. If she is beaten again have the police haul her away and file domestic violence charges. No parent should endure a beating from a child like that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 6, 2008, 06:40 PM
    You file a police report and press changes, if this is life threatening, who gieves a flip on completely legal, you change the locks and set her stuff out, and then let her sue you if she wants to, so you lose a little money if she wins in court, who cares, don't pay and see if she can make you pay.
    See the 100's of stories here on people who win in court and still can't get their money.

The number one thing is your safety, so throw them out and the police can't make you let her back in either. Since this is a then a civil issue not criminal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can an abuser be forgiven [ 11 Answers ]

I am married to a man who has been abusive to me in the past. He has hurt me physically several times. He has not hurt me physically in about 18 months. The verbal and emotional abuse has, however, continued. If someone hasn't hurt you/hit you in this length of time, is it safe to say that the...

Metroid 3 beaten [ 3 Answers ]

I just beat Metroid Prime 3. My final time was 15:26 with 100%. I only died once, and it wasn't on a boss battle. To those of you who beat the game, did the end disappoint you? I didn't think it was that great. Also, the final boss (and I'm talking about the whole entire last boss)...

Child abuser [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 6 year old boy and we just had a graduation party for him from kindergarten and my husbands twin brothers wife punched and pushed my 6 year old son for no reason I called the cops and they did nothing they told me it was a misteminer. What I don't understand is why when one adult hits an...

Daughter and abuser [ 4 Answers ]

I need some help. I really can't take it with my 20 yr old any more. She use to be a loving person who would do anything for anyone. She was curteous, loving, friendly, and outgoing. She is in college and wants to be a child and youth worker so that she can help Kids, great right? Right...

Loving an abuser and getting my ex back [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 issues I need your help with! 1) I'm 29 and dated a guy (We'll call him RD) for 2 years (we lived together for a year). I tried to end things early on due to us being so different but he convinced me that things would work out. Shortly after, the verbal abuse started but I didn't...

View more questions Search