Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ineedhelpfast Posts: 101, Reputation: 7

Feb 4, 2008, 10:55 PM
    Why is it wrong can anyone tell me?

In all sincerity is murder wrong and why is it wrong
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Feb 4, 2008, 10:58 PM
    this is a tricky question. Just think, how would you feel is some random person walked up and killed one of your loved ones. What kind of emotions would you have? That is why it is wrong.

Feb 4, 2008, 10:59 PM
    Its wrong because it makes me angry. There are other things that get me mad

Feb 4, 2008, 11:00 PM
    Yes, but other things can be undone. That cannot.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2008, 11:02 PM
    Definition: murder: "The unlawful killing of another human being without justification or excuse." That sounds pretty wrong.

Feb 4, 2008, 11:02 PM
    Lying cannot be undone and someon lies to me it hurts and gets me mad. Please I need to know

Feb 4, 2008, 11:03 PM
    Murder cannot be justified in most cases. There is not an answer to your question, it's just wrong for all the reasons you would think it's wrong. If you are thinking of murder I would suggest going to see a therapist.

Feb 4, 2008, 11:04 PM
    So just because a book says its wrong makes it wrong books like the dictionary change all the time. There has to a better a reason

Not thinking of it all. I just want to know who says its wrong. I know that governments create laws to protect, but whose to say that what their definition of right is. What makes it wrong
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2008, 11:08 PM
    There is killing, just every day, normal killing; and then there is unlawful killing, which is wrong. So you should distinguish between lawful killing and unlawful killing. What examples of lawful killing can you come up with? There is also killing that is justified and/or excused; what examples can you come up with of this kind of killing? It is an interesting question. You won't find the answer in your dictionary because that is not what a dictionary is for.

Feb 4, 2008, 11:10 PM
    Whose to say what's right and what's wrong
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2008, 11:14 PM
    Justifiable homicide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Feb 4, 2008, 11:17 PM
    I see I'm going now where with this so ill explain

People believe that there is no God. What do you think?

I believe there is. Hate me or love for it. The point I'm trying to make is if we came from nothing
    Then there is no right and wrong. Who can say because we all just evolved from something else. So murder is survival of the fittest

Feb 4, 2008, 11:21 PM
    Or laws stopping us from doing anyhting crazy, like I said it's a law not what you think is right ma y not be right for someone else
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2008, 11:21 PM
    Murder is a choice many make. It is forgivable. Few people agree with me. That's OK. I do not believe that we can die. Life is eternal, but life is change. We forget that we are eternal. We forget that life is nothing but change.

Every situation is as it is supposed to be. We are all one thing. I can not hate my left foot because it stumbles the most. I can not hate anyone without loving them at the same time. It's all one thing.

What matters are the choices each of us is making, each moment. Who do you want to be?

Feb 4, 2008, 11:22 PM
    I believe that God put inside all of us a standard of right and wrong.
    Comments
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2008, 11:26 PM
    We are a part of God and we have allowed ourselves free choice. What do you choose? Who and what are you, right now?

Feb 4, 2008, 11:31 PM
    Well I'm not sure I know what you mean, but ill try and respond with this,
    I am a child of God blood bought through His blood that was shed on the cross for me. So I am redeemed and forgiven, and I will thank with my life and into eternity in heaven with Him

Did that answer your question?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2008, 11:39 PM
    Well, when I think of murder, I think of unjustly ending an innocent life. So I think of it as being wrong because it's unfair to the person being murdered. I think that's why I don't see the death penalty as murder. Because the person dying because of the death penalty is guilty (at least hopefully there case was truly beyond a reasonable doubt) of doing something truly awful. But when you hear about stuff like that pregnant marine, or baby grace, those were innocent people. They hadn't done anything to deserve to die. But someone decided to end their lives anyway. So that's why its wrong
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2008, 12:25 AM
    I saw this topic, and my immediate reaction was... "is this kid serious?" but I think I see where you're going with this.

I think of it as stealing. Stealing is a pretty bad thing to do. You're taking something that doesn't belong to you. I will leave god out of this one.

By killing someone, you're stealing their life from them. You're stealing their ability to do whatever they wanted to do... you're stealing an entire lifetime of opportunities. Everyone has hopes, dreams, goals, things they enjoy, things they like to do... once you kill that person, you're taking away everything from them. Not only that, you're also stealing from people that enjoy that person's presence. You're stealing from their friends, family, and loved ones. You're stealing from society... something so unique.

You steal a car... it's wrong... but it can be replaced. You can't replace someone's laughter... someone's dreams... goals... their accomplishments and failures.
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2008, 12:50 AM
    If no one and nothing "ends" then dying is not a loss. We do not lose, we only make choices defining who we want to be.

Is killing a convicted murderer a step forward? Is killing an innocent person a step back? These are only choices, neither right nor wrong. I do not wish to murder, or to sanction it at the moment. That is my choice.

If I am not totally understandable to you today, that's OK. You are searching, and finding out about yourself. You are feeling angry about murder. Feeling angry is choice too, as much as we would like it to be someone else's fault. How would you like to be feeling?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Murder or not? [ 5 Answers ]

If someone sees another person collapse but doesn't ever help them or call an ambulance, and the other person later dies, but would have lived if help had been offered, is that considered murder? If so, what degree of murder is it?

Was It Murder? [ 3 Answers ]

Here's a hypothetical from a story I'm working on. A guy gets shot by someone who maliciously intends to murder him (unfortunate). The shot does not kill the victim. He runs off and stumbles into a highway where he is almost hit by a truck (more unfortunate). The near miss scares the guy. He...

Murder mystery [ 4 Answers ]

I am to trying to identify a murder mystery film, possibly from the 1970's. The setting is a large house (mansion?) near water, possibly an island. A group of people are picked off one at a time, (agatha christie style). When the murders take place, all that is shown of the killer is the hands in...

About murder game [ 1 Answers ]

I watched a movie some years back about a kid who buys a new video game console, he plays the game and in the game he has to murder people. Then people start turning up murdered in the same fashion as he killed them in the game. At the end of the movie it turns out that nobody was killed and the...

View more questions Search