Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Mar 7, 2008, 10:37 PM
    Along with those examples see... Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Darfur, Rwanda etc.
    - philosophically speaking, murder is in the nature of a lot of human beings with or without religion or God.

I think excon's point is well taken and am glad that somehow, whether by religion, or by parental teaching, or something innate in our consciousness, most of us know murder is wrong.

Legally in the USA it is wrong but there is the death penalty and abortion?

How about in war ?

How about in self defense?
    ineedhelpfast Posts: 101, Reputation: 7

Mar 7, 2008, 11:00 PM
    You hit on a good point there, as far as when it is justified in war. I think that in war and times such as that it would be considered right, but who likes war, although not many people like it, sometimes force, being used reasonbly, is the only solution in these type of situations
    leeg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2008, 01:28 AM
    Humans are the only species that "murder".

Mar 8, 2008, 04:23 PM
    That's because humans are the only creation made in the image of God. Animals don't think they do.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Mar 10, 2008, 02:14 AM
    Topic header :
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedhelpfast
    In all sincerity is murder wrong and why is it wrong. Why is it wrong can anyone tell me?
    There is only one reference here : morals / ethics.
    And there is the golden rule : `Do not do to others what you do not want to be done to yourself´.
    Murder is wrong as it is an action that can not be reversed. There are too many wrong convictions, specially in the USA, where money and skincolor often decide if you are guilty or not. Too many innocent people have been murdered by the State.
    The only way to prevent that is to stop with legalized murder, i.e. with capital punishment.
    However, also other forms of murder should be stopped or at least reduced to the minimum.
    Therefore the possession and use of all fire weapons and dangerous knives should be strictly controlled.
    And war happy Pentagon generals and White House occupants should be controlled because their actions can invole a lot of killing too. Specially now-a-days in places like Iraq and Afghanistan, where many innocent people have lost their lives.
    War is war, killing is killing, murder is murder.
    There is only one person who should have the right to decide to end your life, and that is you yourself. Nobody else.
    And that is why murder is wrong.
    :rolleyes:
    200702980 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2008, 02:18 AM
    Yes murder is wrong:mad:
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Mar 10, 2008, 03:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 200702980
    YES MURDER IS WRONG:mad:
    But are you prepared to expand to that, and for instance support guncontrol?

Mar 10, 2008, 09:17 PM
    Yes we all no murder is wrong, that was taken care of earlier, but the question is who says it is wrong, and who gives them that authority. I personally believe we are made in the image of god and hat god gave us moral conscience of right and wrong.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 11, 2008, 06:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    But are you prepared to expand to that, and for instance support guncontrol?
    Why do you believe gun control has any relastionship with murder ?
    Explain yourself
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2008, 06:36 PM
    Yes murder in most cases is wrong but I believe that in some cases it isn't,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Murder or not? [ 5 Answers ]

If someone sees another person collapse but doesn't ever help them or call an ambulance, and the other person later dies, but would have lived if help had been offered, is that considered murder? If so, what degree of murder is it?

Was It Murder? [ 3 Answers ]

Here's a hypothetical from a story I'm working on. A guy gets shot by someone who maliciously intends to murder him (unfortunate). The shot does not kill the victim. He runs off and stumbles into a highway where he is almost hit by a truck (more unfortunate). The near miss scares the guy. He...

Murder mystery [ 4 Answers ]

I am to trying to identify a murder mystery film, possibly from the 1970's. The setting is a large house (mansion?) near water, possibly an island. A group of people are picked off one at a time, (agatha christie style). When the murders take place, all that is shown of the killer is the hands in...

About murder game [ 1 Answers ]

I watched a movie some years back about a kid who buys a new video game console, he plays the game and in the game he has to murder people. Then people start turning up murdered in the same fashion as he killed them in the game. At the end of the movie it turns out that nobody was killed and the...

View more questions Search