Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 10:10 PM
    One big point of my question was, it is decided by the parent. I do not think that anyone has the right to permanently alter another's physiology without their permission. If a man is happy with what his mom and dad decided to do, or not do, great. If they don't know what it felt like before, does that make the decision to cut correct?

Infants who are abused can have issues into adulthood. Is cutting off part of a baby boy's penis, abuse? People do not need to remember pain to carry it with them (usually as anger) into the future. Penises are rather important, especially to men so I think that there would be much more thought before circumcision than there is, from fathers.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2008, 05:46 AM
    The parents rights supersede the rights of the child as they should be, they are responsible to the kid as well as making all the decisions. Besides... there isn't an adult alive that has memories that date before the age of 3. A newborn isn't going to remember this at all. And certainly isn't going to be scarred by it.

Now the same procedure on an adult is a far bigger thing. Just like certain childhood diseases like measles and mumps for example.

And if its not abundantly clear I am a male... a mid 40's circumcised male that has not once in his life ever wished he was uncircumcised. And no, I am not Jewish so its not a religious thing.
    terellowens Posts: 123, Reputation: 9

Feb 13, 2008, 12:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by simoneaugie
    One big point of my question was, it is decided by the parent. I do not think that anyone has the right to permanently alter another's physiology without their permission. If a man is happy with what his mom and dad decided to do, or not do, great. If they don't know what it felt like before, does that make the decision to cut correct?

Infants who are abused can have issues into adulthood. Is cutting off part of a baby boy's penis, abuse? People do not need to remember pain to carry it with them (usually as anger) into the future. Penises are rather important, especially to men so I think that there would be much more thought before circumcision than there is, from fathers.

How are you going to have issues in adult hood over something you can't remember... so your saying because we are circumsised we are going to be angry LOL that is a charachteristic that is pre determined by DNA not circumcision
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2008, 12:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by terellowens
    how are you going to have issues in adult hood over something you can't remember.... so your saying because we are circumsised we are going to be angry LOL that is a charachteristic that is pre determined by DNA not circumcision
    Exactly... I have no issues... and am quite happy I'm circumsized. I have NO sexual problems or any problems with my parents.

And any person that claims to remember ANYTHING that happens their first 3 years of life is feeding you a line of Bu11sh1t. Few people can remember anything before Kindergarten at all much less when they were a newborn. Babies cry... thats what they do, they cry about anything and everything and sometimes about nothing at all.
    Love-Life Posts: 32, Reputation: 4

Feb 13, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy
    Most of the women I have dated preferred cut vs uncut guys. Women that prefer the opposite are in the minority from my life's experience. And that includes a share of European women as well as South American women. Yeah I sowed my wild oats pretty far before I settled down and got married.
    No offense but you are trying to justify what YOU have. If you were uncircumsised you'd be arguing the opposite way, that all girls like uncut. Yes, uncircumsised men are more sensitive during sex... but is that really a bad thing? I know if I was a guy I'd like to feel better during sex, instead of being more de-sensitized to it. If a guy wants to last longer he can, it depends on if they want to ejaculate or not. Honestly, if a guy can't hold back he has no will power, because I've been with many uncircumcised men who can last longer than circumcised. I don't think the quality of sex depends on circumsision as much as it depends on how hard, or big the mans penis is, or how strong and muscular the man is. The more in shape he is, it also makes him able to go longer without passing out from exhaustion. ;)
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2008, 05:49 AM
    So would you want to slap your parents because you aren't endowed with 12" of manhood too? Or if you are a woman because you have A cups and wish they were D cups?

I'm not in the best physical condition and I freely admit that... but I can go an hour or two without passing out from exhaustion.
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2008, 05:56 AM
    Just suppose it wasn't circumcision, but total removal of all external male sexual organs. That would eliminate rape. Women would profess to prefer eunuchs to the few that still have their gear. Shouldn't it be the parent's decision that this is done?
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2008, 06:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by simoneaugie
    Just suppose it wasn't circumcision, but total removal of all external male sexual organs. That would eliminate rape. Women would profess to prefer eunuchs to the few that still have their gear. Shouldn't it be the parent's decision that this is done?
    That would equate to female circumcision which is pure mutilation in the spirit of keeping the women from sleeping around buy taking away any possibility of sexual gratification. All because you have a bunch of men that are control freaks that treat their women like possessions rather than partners.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2008, 05:44 PM
    I think most "minute men" are uncircumcised.....:D

Me I'm cut and trust me...I get one hell of a lot of satisfaction.
    That's the dumbest thing I've read today, what the hell do you base this on? Unless, of course, you've had personal experience with uncut minute men.

I'm uncircumcised and the "minute man" thing has to do with your willpower and strength of that PC muscle, not extra skin on your friggin' tool.

You're an idiot.
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2008, 10:20 PM
    Suggesting that most men are control freaks and mutilating pursuers was not my intent. What if removal of just the testicles was standard procedure for most male babies? The question being, is it right for parents to have the authority to take body parts without their children's permission?

If the adult does not realize what the difference really feels like, does that make it OK?
    Love-Life Posts: 32, Reputation: 4

Feb 16, 2008, 12:49 AM
    So would you want to slap your parents because you aren't endowed with 12" of manhood too? Or if you are a woman because you have A cups and wish they were D cups?

I'm not in the best physical condition and I freely admit that....but I can go an hour or two without passing out from exhaustion.
    Well YOU ARE stating that you know what women prefer. Its all about personal preference. And you are not being open minded about the subject of circumcision. You are basing everything that a women prefers solely on the fact of being cut or not. There are many other factors that play into the satisfaction of a woman. I mentioned size of penis and physical fitness as examples of that.
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2008, 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Love-Life
    well YOU ARE stating that you know what women prefer. Its all about personal preference. And you are not being open minded about the subject of circumcision. You are basing everything that a women prefers solely on the fact of being cut or not. There are many other factors that play into the satisfaction of a woman. I mentioned size of penis and physical fitness as examples of that.
    I'm not 18... I haven't lived in one town my entire life...

I've spent years living overseas non-stop... and not counting repeated overseas vacations before and since that.

I've dated women (and slept with them) from roughly 10 different countries, from China, to Europe to South America.

Can you match that much less top it?. me not being open minded about circumcision? Hell I am circumsized... I'm not the one running around ranting about how "BAD" this supposedly is.

If it was Bad I would most certainly be the one to know this. How many women from how many countries have you been intimate with? And I'm not talking women whose parents or grandparents immigrated here. I'm talking women from other nations that have never even been to the USA.

Penis size and how fit the guy is means didly squat with a woman's satisfaction if the guy doesn't know what he is doing.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 08:49 AM
    Wow, when did we go from circumcision to sexual prowess? That circumcision is unnecessary in today's world. Whether you decide to circumcise your son is always up to you but if you are doing it just because you think it's necessary health wise than I would do some research before the time comes. Everybody has to be happy with what they have. Circumcised men, it's okay, it's not like you're going to grow it back,even if you aren't happy, so learn to live with it and enjoy. Uncircumcised men- you can always cut it off if you want, but why? Learn to live with it and enjoy.

Altenweg out.
    confusedbyitall Posts: 48, Reputation: -2

Jul 14, 2008, 10:23 PM
    I'd say leave it natural. I've had a circumcision, but, I do hear it's more sensitive without it being trimmed. Even though it's sensitive without the foreskin, if it were more sensitive, then great!!
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 06:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedbyitall
    I'd say leave it natural. I've had a circumcision, but, I do hear it's more sensitive without it being trimmed. Even though it's sensitive without the foreskin, if it were more sensitive, then great!!!!
    Not for me... I'm happy I'm cut. Its plenty sensitive but if it were more so then I'd be running more sprints and fewer marathons if you catch my drift.

Women aren't into minute men. If you can't last to the end of the race then you might have a mighty frustrated wife.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 08:26 AM
    *sigh*...

So now circumcised men are minute men?

A person can train themselves to hold back through mental and physical exercises.

I'm cut and have no complaints. My son is not cut for reasons I've already stated. Both circumcised and uncircumcised men have been able to have great sex lives, and then other circumcised or uncircumcised men have lousy sex lives.

I don't think men are born "broken", and I don't think leaving a man uncut dooms him to the life of a "minute man".
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jul 21, 2008, 08:54 AM
    Personally, I don't think this thread needed resurrection.

But honestly--as stated before--I don't really care what his penis looks like. It's what he does with the whole of himself that counts.
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 09:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp2171
    *sigh*...

so now circumcised men are minute men?

a person can train themselves to hold back through mental and physical exercises.

im cut and have no complaints. my son is not cut for reasons ive already stated. both circumcised and uncircumcised men have been able to have great sex lives, and then other circumcised or uncircumcised men have lousy sex lives.

i dont think men are born "broken", and i dont think leaving a man uncut dooms him to the life of a "minute man".
    It ain't broken... it works very well, above average in fact.

But sensitivity does relate to lasting power or why else would there be numbing cremes on the market for guys who lack the mental mastery over their body?

True that's only half the battle however... the rest is purely in the guys mind cut or uncut.

It doesn't automatically make an uncut guy a minute man... but it does give the cut guy an advantage on a marathon.

But hey, cut or uncut... if it still works when you need it to then what does it all really matter anyway.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2008, 03:53 PM
    This will be the last post I make here I promise.

How many uncircumcised men want to be circumcised versus those that are circumcised and want to grow it back. That's all I'm saying.

When circumcision is done by consent from a man or a woman (not a BABY or child!) I will endorse it. Until then...
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2008, 05:13 AM
    I don't want mine to grow back... and if it was an option I'd keep it the way it is now.

Until kids are matured and out of the house supporting themselves they are subject to whatever their parents decide.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Circumcision [ 3 Answers ]

Why are there so many adult circumcisions nowadays?

Female circumcision [ 16 Answers ]

I was just wondering what female circumcision was b.c I read somewhere about a little girl in India who died while the procedure was being done to her... but it didn't say what it was... :confused:

Circumcision [ 34 Answers ]

Hello lanzmen: Is a bris ritualistic disfigurement, or a mitsvoh? What about without anesthesia? Is female circumcision (removal of the clitoris) disfigurement, or is it just a ritual practiced by a backwards group of people? excon

Is circumcision required? [ 12 Answers ]

My name is Lindsey. I am 16 and a fairly new christian. My parents are not religious in any way, and my Aunt bought me my first bible for my 16th birthday. So I was reading Genisis 17, and it says that God made Abraham promise to get all the men of his house circumsized. Does this mean that god...

Circumcision [ 51 Answers ]

I just found out that the baby I'm expecting is a boy! :) Although not religious, my husband and I are both Jewish and it's pretty much expected that we're going to circumcise our child. In fact, if we don't have him circumcised, he won't really be considered Jewish. Growing up I knew a Jewish...

View more questions Search