Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2008, 03:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy
    Being overly sensitive in that area is counter productive unless you really want it over faster.
    I've known two good female friends who thought their male partners who were uncircumcised had a better sexual response than previous males who were circumcised, meaning they had better sex with these men and thought the sensitivity elongated, not shortened, sex. I can't state if that's true, but I have no reason do doubt their opinions.

I'm not saying all are created equal... sex is complicated... but most men can train themselves to hold back if they give a damn... why is this an issue with you concerning circumcised men? If you corrolate to women, you would then expect women without a clitoral hood to be able to hold back sexually... OK... so by your reasoning we should just cut off the cl!toral hood?

A woman's nipples might drive her over the edge when stimulated at the right time. Why expect different from the uncircumcised male? If you have a tool, you need to learn to use it well.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2008, 08:58 PM
    KP,
    I was wondering if there was a man who was circumcized as an adult who could comment on a change in sensitivity. I am against cutting or piercing body parts without permission.

I did not bring up the issue of lasting longer. I said that uncircumcized feels better to me. You said "if you have tool, you need to learn to use it well." Right on.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2008, 09:59 PM
    Perhaps this issue of "lasting longer" when circumcised is really a (albeit BAD indictment on circumcision)-it means that sensitivity has beens reduced? Doesn't it?

I'm sorry I still don't get the ridiculous reasons given for mutilating a child, male or female.

Let's get out of the dark ages and leave our bodies as "god" or the universe, or nature or whoever/whatever designed it to be so.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2008, 10:16 PM
    My contribution is that the idea of circumcission was pushed by the medical people of years ago as part of either their religious beliefs or so they could have one more procedure to bill for.

I'm not saying that was the original source of the procedure... only that there was a big push for the public to accept it...

Below is a link to a lot of interesting reading for those who want to know more...

History of male circumcision - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh, and the way a 9 year old learns to clean themselves, is the same way they learn to wipe their rears... they get taught until they are able to do it themselves.
    vtram7 Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

Feb 7, 2008, 11:27 PM
    WOW! Many different opinions on this one. As a nurse I have seen many circumcisions performed, and to be honest with you, you put a little suger water on their pacifier and the doctor performs the procedure, honestly 90% that I have seen the babies don't cry, the others wimper for a few seconds and it is done.
    I have also taken care of many boys without circumcised penises, and due to the constant infections they endure, many of the mothers end up getting their son's circumcised to relieve them from all of the infections and complications.
    Then there are the older geriatric gentleman that I have taken care of in the hospital, and it is about the same thing with them as it is the younger boys that are not circ, they can't clean as well as they need to because of health reasons and their modesty of having someone else doing it. There is a lot of smegma that doesn't get cleaned off and there are more UTI's infections etc..
    I believe it is everyone's own choice to believe whatever they believe, but coming from a medical standpoint I believe it beneficial.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2008, 06:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp2171
    ive known two good female friends who thought their male partners who were uncircumcised had a better sexual response than previous males who were circumcised, meaning they had better sex with these men and thought the sensitivity elongated, not shortened, sex. i can't state if thats true, but i have no reason do doubt their opinions.

im not saying all are created equal... sex is complicated... but most men can train themselves to hold back if they give a damn... why is this an issue with you concerning circumcised men? if you corrolate to women, you would then expect women without a clitoral hood to be able to hold back sexually... ok... so by your reasoning we should just cut off the cl!toral hood?

a womans nipples might drive her over the edge when stimulated at the right time. why expect different from the uncircumcised male? if you have a tool, you need to learn to use it well.

Because women are more complicated than guys... 99.99% of women aren't as easy to stimulate and get off as a guy. Whereas women can actually climax from stimulation other than clitoral (and I've gotten women off without even touching their pubic area), except for direct prostate massage guys will not ejaculate or climax with other than direct penile stimulation. The more that gets stimulated the faster the guy finishes. And a more sensitive penile tip will NOT prolong it for a guy. For a guy to learn control and focus to not pop fairly quick the LEAST stimulation to that is what is the KEY.

An overly sensitive one eye wonder snake makes lasting more than 5 minutes far more difficult.

Like I said... you can't equate female stimulation with male stimulation... what makes a guy tick is light years from what makes a woman tick.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2008, 06:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by simoneaugie
    KP,
    I was wondering if there was a man who was circumcized as an adult who could comment on a change in sensitivity. I am against cutting or piercing body parts without permission.
    There's at least one organization that has a bunch of pi$$ed off men who were circumcised later in life for religious reasons... they claim it dramatically changed their sexual experience, but its hard to know the truth.

First, its an internet site. Second, its an emotional issue and its hard to know what is fact or not, since so much of sexual pleasure is also tied to mental state. Third, there's no real med study I've seen where men are tested for sensation, circ, then tested again, yknow?. I don't think from that alone you can make any real judgement

Quote Originally Posted by vtram7
    Then there are the older geriatric gentleman that I have taken care of in the hospital, and it is about the same thing with them as it is the younger boys that are not circ, they can't clean as well as they need to because of health reasons and their modesty of having someone else doing it.
    I'm not going to downplay the issue of uti's... the AMA still doesn't see the procedure as medically beneficial to prevent this in children... or at least that's the "official" line... their wording is such that you can tell they are trying not to damn the procedure... id really like to see numbers on how many parents later circ their sons due to uti's...

I think your point about geriatric care is a great one that has not yet been brought up in this thread, or even others I've seen. There are many issues tied to proper geriatric care, and while I'm not sure this is reason enough to cut, I think its certainly a great point concerning elder care.

Thanks for the points
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2008, 06:35 AM
    WOW! Many different opinions on this one. As a nurse I have seen many circumcisions performed, and to be honest with you, you put a little suger water on their pacifier and the doctor performs the procedure, honestly 90% that I have seen the babies don't cry, the others wimper for a few seconds and it is done.
    I have also taken care of many boys without circumcised penises, and due to the constant infections they endure, many of the mothers end up getting their son's circumcised to relieve them from all of the infections and complications.
    Then there are the older geriatric gentleman that I have taken care of in the hospital, and it is about the same thing with them as it is the younger boys that are not circ, they can't clean as well as they need to because of health reasons and their modesty of having someone else doing it. There is a lot of smegma that doesn't get cleaned off and there are more UTI's infections etc..
    I believe it is everyones own choice to believe whatever they believe, but coming from a medical standpoint I believe it beneficial.
    My question is why would a doc not perform this on a premie child or a child that has an irregular heart beat? Why do the babies sometimes go all day without eating after they have it done, if it is so painless? Why do they just not jerk up a grown mans penis and cut it if the procedure is so pain free? I am sorry but I think babies feel every ounce of pain,that this horrible procedure inflicts.
    Have I seen thousands done? No but my 2 sons had it done and believe me it wasn't pain free. Yes, I regret that I was a young ,stupid, uninformed mom and went with the flow. I have also spent many hours at a University hospital& children's hospital and can't remember a child that had it done and cooed afterwards... I believe their little chest would heave up and down from the gut wrenching sobs of having it done. I just hope that everyone really educates themselves on this matter before they decide it is right for their child.
    vtram7 Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

Feb 8, 2008, 09:05 AM
    My question is why would a doc not perform this on a premie child or a child that has an irregular heart beat? Why do the babies go sometimes go all day without eating after they have it done, if it is so painless? Why do they just not jerk up a grown mans penis and cut it if the procedure is so pain free? I am sorry but I think babies feel every ounce of pain,that this horrible procedure inflicts.
    Have I seen thousands done? No but my 2 sons had it done and believe me it wasn't pain free. Yes, I regret that I was a young ,stupid, uninformed mom and went with the flow. I have also spent many hours at a University hospital& children's hospital and can't remember a child that had it done and cooed afterwards... I believe their little chest would heave up and down from the gut wrenching sobs of having it done. I just hope that everyone really educates themselves on this matter before they decide it is right for their child.
    I never said that this procedure was not painful, my only statement was that I have seen quite a few done and to my surprise, they did not scream and wail as one would expect.. yes they wimpered or had a few tears some of them, but I was surprised at how little they cried because that is not what I expected. I never said anything about it being painfree. Thanks.

I'm not going to downplay the issue of uti's... the AMA still doesn't see the procedure as medically beneficial to prevent this in children... or at least that's the "official" line... their wording is such that you can tell they are trying not to damn the procedure... id really like to see numbers on how many parents later circ their sons due to uti's...
    I have seen it a handful of times probably. Having it done on toddler boys is devastating!

As far as the geriatric point I made, I just made it as something to think about, because later in life it is very difficult, and when you have someone with circulation problems etc... and you add infection on top of that, it can become a very bad situation.

My comments are just facts or stories I have experienced, It is no business of mine whether you circ your son. Just wanted to share.
    Nathan1975 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2008, 03:03 PM
    I was circumcised when I was 21 after a yeast infection under my foreskin. I would certainly have preferred it to be done when I was a baby.
    As far as the sensitivity is concerned, I think the head is a bit less sensitive, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Before circumcision, if anything dry rubbed the head (a finger or even a dry lip), it would hurt. It takes a little more stimulation now, but the amount of pleasure from that stimulation is the same. Actually a bit better, because the foreskin is never in the way. It used to be that during sex, the foreskin covered the head until the end of the forward thrust, whereas now the head gets stimulated constantly. I remember having sex for the first time after being circumcised and enjoying all the tugging along the shaft, which I didn't feel before. Oral sex is better too, because the woman doesn't have to focus on keeping the foreskin pulled back and can focus on other things. On the minus side, masturbation was easier with a foreskin.
    So I wouldn't worry about circumcision ruining a boy's future sex life. I would be in favor of having any sons circumcised as infants because of the foreskin complications that circumcised boys and men just don't have to worry about.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2008, 08:42 PM
    Thanks Nathan. I am female and have always shrunk away from anything dry against me. The foreskin protects the woman from being rubbed raw. Maybe that is why I prefer uncircumcised penises. I think it's supposed to be there.

oneguyinohio posted a link to wikipedia that describes the history of circumcision. Apparently, there was a time when Christians were aghast at the practice. The novel, "Azteca" describes the first Spaniards to arrive at the New World. Back then the Spaniards were terrified of bathing. Their filth and smegma odor was... described. I wonder how much of the novel reflected truth?
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2008, 09:53 AM
    Most of the women I have dated preferred cut vs uncut guys. Women that prefer the opposite are in the minority from my life's experience. And that includes a share of European women as well as South American women. Yeah I sowed my wild oats pretty far before I settled down and got married.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 02:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan1975
    I was circumcised when I was 21 after a yeast infection under my foreskin. I would certainly have preferred it to be done when I was a baby.
    As far as the sensitivity is concerned, I think the head is a bit less sensitive, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Before circumcision, if anything dry rubbed the head (a finger or even a dry lip), it would hurt. It takes a little more stimulation now, but the amount of pleasure from that stimulation is the same. Actually a bit better, because the foreskin is never in the way. It used to be that during sex, the foreskin covered the head until the end of the forward thrust, whereas now the head gets stimulated constantly. I remember having sex for the first time after being circumcised and enjoying all the tugging along the shaft, which I didn't feel before. Oral sex is better too, because the woman doesn't have to focus on keeping the foreskin pulled back and can focus on other things. On the minus side, masturbation was easier with a foreskin.
    So I wouldn't worry about circumcision ruining a boy's future sex life. I would be in favor of having any sons circumcised as infants because of the foreskin complications that circumcised boys and men just don't have to worry about.

Sorry, but I feel that if YOU can't clean yourself properly and end up with an infection-that is YOUR problem and YOU caused the need for the circumcision-once again, perhaps you were ignorant of personal hygiene or failed to take care-This does still in no way mean that we should automatically cut every baby boy that is born... :rolleyes:

There are so many non-sensical arguments here it's doing my head in...

Okay here's one-let's say it doesn't hurt... okay so is that why we should do it?? Using that logic, we should cut every girl's hymen before she's "old enough"... JUST in case it fails to tear during her first sexual experience- HOLY COW.

This is totally ludocris.

Circumcision is cruel, painful and unessecsary:mad:

Cheers!:p
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 02:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy
    Most of the women I have dated preferred cut vs uncut guys.
    Did they reveal that preference to you before or after you revealed yourself to them? Sounds like they may have just been trying to give you a swelled head... LOL...
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2008, 06:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by oneguyinohio
    Did they reveal that preference to you before or after you revealed your self to them? Sounds like they may have just been trying to give you a swelled head.... LOL...
    Swelled head? Far from it... They said this before we ever had a chance to disrobe. Plus European women unlike most American women are more likely to speak their mind rather than say what they think you want to hear or what is more likely to get them what they want.

That's a personality trait I like about European women.
    terellowens Posts: 123, Reputation: 9

Feb 12, 2008, 06:19 PM
    I never said that this procedure was not painful, my only statement was that I have seen quite a few done and to my surprise, they did not scream and wail as one would expect.. yes they wimpered or had a few tears some of them, but I was surprised at how little they cried because that is not what I expected. I never said anything about it being painfree. Thanks.

I have seen it a handful of times probably. Having it done on toddler boys is devastating!

As far as the geriatric point I made, I just made it as something to think about, because later in life it is very difficult, and when you have someone with circulation problems etc... and you add infection on top of that, it can become a very bad situation.

My comments are just facts or stories I have experienced, It is no business of mine whether or not you circ your son. Just wanted to share.

I am circumsised was done as a baby I may have felt the pain then... but who knows... I don't have a recollection of it... as I was just a baby.. just like I could have fallen out of a window If I don't have a memory of something I don't see how it affects someone... yes I had human senses like pain etc... but everyone is acting like its 100% incorrect to be circumsised. The parent should make the choice there and then imo I am happy I am circumsised have had friends with infection who are not circumsised yeah they may not have been as clean as they should be but id rather just not have to have a risk of the issue occurring at all...

And those who say it is less sensitive or not how the hell do we know... if you have it done at age 21 and are circumsised then no doubt your going to have issues with sex IMO.

But I have a crazy high sex drive... it has nothing to do with been circumsised or not everyone is an individual... has their own opinions just mine.

Some people here are acting like their opinion is the only right one the parent has to make the decision the child has to live with it... should it really affect a child that much I don't think so.

Some will always say it is correct and incorrect but I am happy with my parents decision if it had been either way... and those who say circumsided people are not as sensitive how the hell would you know...
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2008, 06:28 PM
    Just a couple of points and opinions to make.

The old testament, circumcision was considered a mark of God. That all boys had to have it done. In the new testament. It is neither important. All are children of God. It comes down to more Tradition in my opinion. As far as doctors or medical personal thinking that it is better to be circumcision.

I say, Why were we made with skin there in the first place, and then have it taken off. Too me it does not make any sense. Painful procedure, yes. For adults, babies , etc...

As far as cleanliness, that is why it is good to teach children how to clean their private properly then there will be less chanch of infection.

We were made a certain way and I think that instead of man messing with it, we should keep it the way it is naturally.
    terellowens Posts: 123, Reputation: 9

Feb 12, 2008, 06:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    Just a couple of points and opinions to make.

The old testament, circumcision was considered a mark of God. That all boys had to have it done. In the new testament. It is neither important. All are children of God. It comes down to more Tradition in my opinion. As far as doctors or medical personal thinking that it is better to be circumcision.

I say, Why were we made with skin there in the first place, and then have it taken off. Too me it does not make any sense. Painful procedure, yes. For adults, babies and etc....

As far as cleanliness, that is why it is good to teach children how to clean their private properly then there will be less chanch of infection.

We were made a certain way and I think that instead of man messing with it, we should keep it the way it is naturally.
    Less chance of infection not 100% reduction in infection... which is why circumsion is still done yes you won't be completely infection free but you won't have any kind of trouble those who are not circumsised may come acros...

I respect your opinions though yes maybe we should keep things Natural but then why shave... growing hair is natural...
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2008, 06:47 PM
    Shaving hair is completely different then removing skin.

As far as not circumcised, I am not and have had no problems with any infections.

I respect each and everybodies opinion, but I am happy that I still have that skin that I was born with. Same as my son.

It is a matter of choice and belief for some people.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Feb 12, 2008, 06:55 PM
    Just to put my 2 pennies in...

I don't have a son, no clue how I'd feel about circumcision for him. I'd probably leave that up to the hubby, really.

As far as personal preference, I've had sexual experiences with both. I prefer circumcized.

Not to get too much info or anything, but it is less likely to be "dirty" tasting, and I prefer the feel of a circumcized penis down lower.

But... that's my opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Circumcision [ 3 Answers ]

Why are there so many adult circumcisions nowadays?

Female circumcision [ 16 Answers ]

I was just wondering what female circumcision was b.c I read somewhere about a little girl in India who died while the procedure was being done to her... but it didn't say what it was... :confused:

Circumcision [ 34 Answers ]

Hello lanzmen: Is a bris ritualistic disfigurement, or a mitsvoh? What about without anesthesia? Is female circumcision (removal of the clitoris) disfigurement, or is it just a ritual practiced by a backwards group of people? excon

Is circumcision required? [ 12 Answers ]

My name is Lindsey. I am 16 and a fairly new christian. My parents are not religious in any way, and my Aunt bought me my first bible for my 16th birthday. So I was reading Genisis 17, and it says that God made Abraham promise to get all the men of his house circumsized. Does this mean that god...

Circumcision [ 51 Answers ]

I just found out that the baby I'm expecting is a boy! :) Although not religious, my husband and I are both Jewish and it's pretty much expected that we're going to circumcise our child. In fact, if we don't have him circumcised, he won't really be considered Jewish. Growing up I knew a Jewish...

View more questions Search