Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ar19soccer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2008, 06:47 PM
    Passports in the u.s.
    While traveling within the united staes do you need a passport to travel by air.. say to go from Tennessee to NY?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2008, 06:55 PM
    No you don't need a passport if you are a US citizen. It is good, however, to have valid picture I.D. though. If you are a foreigner in this country I would suggest taking along your passport for identification reasons. Since 9-11 the airport security people can get pretty hinky and this will speed you along and you should not have any delays at the airport.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Passports [ 2 Answers ]

Can you get a passport if you have a felony?:(

New US Passports [ 41 Answers ]

Well, guess just what I heard on FOX (GOVERNMENT NEWS) Network. Knew it was coming, starting Jan 23, 2007, all new passports will have a computer chip implanted in them with your personal information stored on the chip. When the DOT representative was asked what kind of info was stored on the...

Passports [ 1 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon get a passport once probabtion is complete? And if the charge was falsifying a fed firearm document, will that stop other countries from allowing the felon to enter the country just to visit?

Passports [ 2 Answers ]

There is a lot of discussion on the topic of needing a passport to enter Into Canada next year (2007). Will it be necessary for american truck Drivers entering into Canada to have a passport?

View more questions Search