Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 4, 2008, 06:34 PM
    Bed curtains
    How does one go about making a light flowy curtainy feel around the bed without posts on your bed frame?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2008, 06:39 PM
    You can attach the curtains from the ceiling in a U shape.
    Vision Expert

Feb 9, 2008, 04:42 PM
    Attach with what? And I don't like that idea, no offense... I say this round thing that the curtains hang from... where would I get one of these?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2008, 06:09 PM
    You can use round curtain rings made of wood to attach the curtains to a rod. It could be a round wooden dowell that you could attach to the ceiling by hooks. You would need to paint the dowell as they only come unpainted. I would use one wooden dowell at the headboard near the ceiling area for this effect. It would like very feminine.
    The round wooden rings come in many colors and you can get them at WallyWorld or a fabric or craft store for about $3 for a dozen.

I have seen an unusual interior design where there were 4 of these curtains attached to the ceiling where the corners of the bed were. I think they used the wooden rings and dowells in that particular design. I have no idea how they attached it to the ceiling. I would put metal eye hooks into each end of the dowell and attach it to the ceiling with a hook.
    Vision Expert

Feb 9, 2008, 06:11 PM
    Sounds like a great idea, thank you, twinkie!
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2008, 07:14 PM
    You can buy one pre-made from Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Bed Bath & Beyond Product

I saw in a photo once where someone took regular curtain rods and mounted them to the ceiling in a triangle or a square. They simply hung the curtains as usual on the rods. It might take some searching to find the right kind of rod with the mounting hardware that would work, but I'm sure you could find something.
    Vision Expert

Feb 10, 2008, 03:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jillianleab
    You can buy one pre-made from Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Bed Bath & Beyond Product

I saw in a photo once where someone took regular curtain rods and mounted them to the ceiling in a triangle or a square. They simply hung the curtains as usual on the rods. It might take some searching to find the right kind of rod with the mounting hardware that would work, but I'm sure you could find something.
    I want one in green... So I doubt they have those, So I want to make one myself.
    lardess Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2010, 02:42 AM
    You can actually by curtains that you ust need to attach to the ceiling with hook.
    Vision Expert

May 24, 2010, 11:40 AM

Thanks, I actually bought some of those at Ikea. But we moved and decided we wanted something simpler.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 31, 2010, 01:08 AM
    Has your original question been sufficiently answered, Momma?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bed Slats for full size bed [ 3 Answers ]

I am purchasing a new mattress and box spring. I have been told that I need to supply three full size bed slats. I need the dimensions and type of wood that should be used so I can purchase them at my nearest Home Depot or Lowe's. I specifically need the length required. I need this answer...

Curtains or blinds ? [ 5 Answers ]

I don't know which will be the best to buy new curtains or to change to blinds, if I choose blinds I want to hang a chiffon curtain on top as well. Advice ?

Sheer curtains for windows next to door [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to find some plain white sheer curtains for the small windows next to my entryway door. I'm at least looking for something to keep some privacy from someone just peeping right at the front door. Does anyone know where I can find these? I can't find them at any stores. The window...

Bed bugs [ 2 Answers ]

Suggest Me Any Home Remedy Of Killing Bed Bugs Not Of Pestcontrol. Thanks

Shower curtains [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a lace shower curtain with a bear image.

View more questions Search