Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rwoods19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2008, 04:45 PM
    How can I find all his insurance policies on my deceased father
    There are several insurance policies on my father held by several different people and no one will produce one so we can get him barried. What method do I take to find them?:confused:

{moved from Forum Help-Please take more care in choosing a posting forum-<>}
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 4, 2008, 05:10 PM
    What a terrible situation to be in. Can't you come up with the money, borrow it whatever to have him buried. What a travesty. Look after for the insurance money, bury him now!

Was your dad so disorganized that there is no safety deposit box, no lawyer he dealt with, no hint at all as to what insurance companies carried the policies !
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 4, 2008, 06:43 PM
    OK, if for example, someone had one with them as the beneficiary, they have no legal obligation to give you any of that money to bury him, it is there money form the policy if they are the benificiary,

If you father had other policies naming you as the benificiary or naming his estate, then you will have to just look.
    You go though every paper he has, you look at his bank account records of policies being paid for. Check with groups he belonged to unions, American Legion, VFW and so on. Also check his mail for the next year about bills on insurance due.

But unless the policies held by others named someone other than them, they have no obligation to tell you or pay you any of the money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deceased Parent Insurance [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to find out if my parent left any other monetary assets for me. Does anyone know, how I can find this information?

Recent deceased person - search for life insurance [ 3 Answers ]

This person, Herb, recently died and there are numerous insurance policies in the desk drawers. I have no idea if the are still active, or at some time may have been cancelled. I have no idea where to began searching, calling etc. Any suggestions? Debbie

Two health insurance policies [ 4 Answers ]

I was covered by two insurace companies, one by my work place and one by my husbands. I did not understand that I was covered by my work place. I thought I signed up to be able to file for health insurance for my family if my husband lost his job. I didn't understand that I should have been using...

Surrendering insurance policies and reporting gain (or loss) [ 6 Answers ]

I surrendered two insurance policies last year - one was a Whole Life policy and the other was a Variable Universal Life policy. The insurance company where I had the Whole Life policy sent me a 1099-R showing the gain on the policy, which I owe taxes on. The company where I had the Variable...

View more questions Search