Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bluelukelondon Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2008, 03:26 PM
    Traction drive on a craftsman snowblower
    I have a Craftsman snowblower that needs the sprocket changed that provides traction to the wheels. In order to get at the sprocket I need to remove the friction wheel, (not to be confused with the rubber friction disk) In order to get the disc out I need to remove the rod assembly as it prevents the disc from moving up the shaft. Does anyone have any idea how to remove the rod assembly? I have attached a picture.
    Attached Images

CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 4, 2008, 03:43 PM
    Have you tried to Google the brand and model number?
    Often you can find a repair manual online that contains a parts explosion that will show how it goes together, and in some cases, explains how to do repairs step-by-step.
    I hope this helps.

Feb 5, 2008, 09:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    Have you tried to Google the brand and model number?
    Often you can find a repair manual online that contains a parts explosion that will show how it goes together, and in some cases, explains how to do repairs step-by-step.
    I hope this helps.
    Yes, I have tried that with no success, it seems like Craftsman doesn't make the more detailed repair manual for this machine.
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 5, 2008, 10:19 AM
    There is an Sears authorized repair shop in my neighborhood. If you tell me the year and model number, I could ask one of the guys...
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 5, 2008, 02:13 PM
    Parts & Accessories | Shop & Find Lawn & Garden, Appliance Parts at Sears Parts Direct | SearsPartsDirect.com from Sears makes sure you have the correct model number.

Feb 5, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    The model number is C950-52719-7 it is an 8.5hp 27"
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2008, 08:23 PM
    Try a cutting torch, that should do it nicely. Just kidding, sorry I have no idea on snowblowers.
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 5, 2008, 09:06 PM
    If it's anything like their self-propelled mower's, they will have E-clips or C-clips hidden in the grease. Removing one clip won't always work. Sometime a couple and then a shaft will slide and you can imagine where it goes from there.
    Make certain that model # is correct. I tried it and it doesn't match.
    Just trying to help...
    doselfattempter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2010, 10:07 AM
    bluelukelondon, How did you make progress or solve this issue ? Even I have to replace the sprocket and unable to get it off because the friction wheel is in the way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda hs55 snowblower. No drive [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have an hs55 honda snowblower. Its an older model with track drive. The drive has just failed on me, no forward or reverse speeds. I asked a friend who had recently worked on a honda blower and he said that he had to take pretty much everything apart. Is this true or does anyone here know if...

Craftsman snowblower augers turn slow [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, anybody know why the augers in my 9 horse craftsmen blower won't turn so well. It is about 8 years old (workhorse) and I have had problems shearing pins although they are currently intact. It would blow the light snow 4" in the main drive but at the end where the plow dumps, it would...

Repalcing traction drive belt on an '03 JD GT235 [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with the routing on the traction drive belt on my JD GT235 riding mower. Belt broke so I never had a chance to see how it was routed. Thanks

View more questions Search