Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    interinfinity Posts: 142, Reputation: 8

Feb 4, 2008, 01:36 PM
    Electrical engineering - background checks
    I have a not so perfect record. Its actually a bit worse than not so perfect. Without having to go too much in detail, do you think it would be impossible to get a good job in electrical engineering with felonies showing on a background check
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Feb 4, 2008, 10:01 PM
    It will depend on how long ago you were convicted, the nature of the charges, each company's hiring policies, and on the individuals who are making the hiring decisions. Nothing is impossible, but it will probably take longer for you to find a job than for someone who has a squeaky-clean record and you may not get the "juiciest" positions unless you've established yourself in the field as a valuable commodity.

If it's been at least five years since your convictions and your record is clean since then, you will want to consider hiring a lawyer to try & get the convictions expunged from your record. If you can do so, it becomes a non-issue... and the money invested in your lawyer's fees will be a great investment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Background checks [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone travelled to the UK. Tell me the procedure and if background checks was part of it. A speedy response will be appreciated. Prento

Background checks [ 3 Answers ]

Do misdeamenors show up on criminal background checks in Tennessee and if so can that stop you from getting a nurses license?

Background checks [ 3 Answers ]

I was recently hired at a senior community place and they required a finger printing test with livescan, and I was arrested about a year ago because I forgot to pay a traffic fine. I was in jail for about 4 days and then let go with some more fines, will this show up with the fingerprinting test?

Background Checks [ 2 Answers ]

My husband recently applied for a supervisor position at a large corporation. He was asked to fill out paperwork for a background check, physical, urine, etc... They made him a "conditional offer". I am concerned because we have had some credit problems over the last year and a half -- we...

Background checks [ 1 Answers ]

My husband recently applied for a supervisor position at a large corporation. He was asked to fill out paperwork for a background check, physical, urine, etc... They made him a "conditional offer". I am concerned because we have had some credit problems over the last year and a half -- we...

View more questions Search