Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    interinfinity Posts: 142, Reputation: 8

Feb 4, 2008, 01:31 PM
    Graphing calculator, calculus, derivitives, integrals
    I am taking university calculus, and we are not allowed to use graphing calculators on tests. I was wondering if there were any calculators on the market that took derivitives and integrals, but are not classified as a graphing calculator.
    PolluxCastor Posts: 117, Reputation: 5

Feb 4, 2008, 05:05 PM
    The TI-68 does numerical integration (it might not, however be on the market).
    interinfinity Posts: 142, Reputation: 8

Feb 4, 2008, 05:25 PM
    OK I feel stupid, but maybe this will help someone in the future. I found the answer to my own question after about 4 hrs of creative eBay searching. The casio FX family of calculators does numeric diff and integration. I guess I should explain what the numeric part means, because I just learned what it meant. It means that it won't give you a new equation. It will evaluate definite integrals or give you a numeric value if you specifiy what x equals. This would be useful to help someone check their answers on a test. But you would still need to memorize all the integration rules, but have the ability to check your answers with test numbers. I wish they would let you use graphing calculators on tests in college math, but I guess it just makes it too easy to get an A
    PolluxCastor Posts: 117, Reputation: 5

Feb 4, 2008, 09:03 PM
    I have not heard of any calculators the will do symbolic derivatives or integrals. Symbolic integration even on a PC is tough to do.
    twork5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2009, 02:17 PM

sin(3-5X)dx
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2009, 10:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PolluxCastor View Post
    I have not heard of any calculators the will do symbolic derivatives or integrals. Symbolic integration even on a PC is tough to do.

Yes, there are various calculators which do symbolic integration and derivatives. Even DE's.

I have a Voyage 200 and a TI-92. They do these things, but alas are graphing calculators.

Here is a screen capture for kicks. The right one is a DE and the left shot is a symbolic derivative and integral.

Casio makes them as does HP. Maybe other models too. But I prefer TI.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vb 6.0 calculator [ 2 Answers ]

Please help me! On my prject , I need a source code of a vb 6.0 calculator please help. Tnx

Improper integrals [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if the answer to this is: converges to -1/2

TI-84 Plus Calculator [ 1 Answers ]

This is sort of a math question and it isn't. I just bought this calculator yesterday, and the book that came with it does not tell me how to program the Quadratic formula as well as other equations into this calculator. And someone I know in my class has the same one and told me that this can be...

How to do e-0.05 on a calculator [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there, What are the exact steps I press on a calculator to do the following: - 40e-0.05 I keep getting the wrong answer? Any help is appreciated

Graphing [ 1 Answers ]

I have 5 questions I need help with . 1) Draw a sketch of each of the following equations. Be sure to label all appropriate points. These are separate equations. A) .2x - .5y = -.3 B) 1/6x + 1/5 = -1 C) 1/3x + 1/2y = 2 D) .9 - .1y = 1

View more questions Search