Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bc111806 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2008, 01:02 PM
    Bad debt #2
    My uncle bought an account receivable with a face value of $100,000 for $72,000. They just informed my uncle that he could not expect to collect more than 80 cents on the dollar with respect to the receivable. What is the maximum amount of the bad debt deductin for my uncle for the current year?
    MaggieMouse Posts: 226, Reputation: 8

Feb 5, 2008, 08:07 PM
    If he gets them at 72 cents on the dollar and cannot collect more than 80, I don't see there is any bad debt for him unless he sells them for less than 72 cents. He will have a profit once they are sold more than 72 cents on the dollar.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bsuiness bad debt #1 [ 1 Answers ]

:) I am trying to some research to see if I can deduct a business bad debt. In an example from a book, I run into a sentence like this: Bad debt expense (of the $4000 reserve established, $500 was written off as being currently uncollectible). Does it mean I can deduct $500 only? Or the other...

Bad Debt Expense [ 2 Answers ]

Need to make adjusting entry. Bad debts are estimated to be 8% of total net credit sales (do not include rentals). I was taking number from sales journal (Sales Cr) but was told by instructor that was wrong. Which journal should I be looking at or should I look in ledger? Where do I find the...

Bad Debt Expense [ 1 Answers ]

We would like to change our bad debit expense from being an overhead expense account to a cost of sales expense account. Is this okay?

Bad Debt and Bad Debt allocation [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help with the following accounting exercise? The following info was listed in company X balance sheet as of 2005 Aacounts Rec for 2004 150,000 Aacounts Rec for 2005 250,000 Allowance for bad debt in 2004 was 8,200 Allowance for bad debt in 2005 was 12,000

Charged Off as Bad Debt [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my question is regarding my old account with Capital One Services. Under Pay Status: It is listed as <Charged Off as Bad Debt>, then under Remark: >Settled - less than full balance< I had no choice at that time, but to accept their offer and pay it off as stated above. Date Opened: 4/1999,...

View more questions Search