Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    calatre Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2008, 09:56 AM
    Stressed out!
    I live in New Orleans, LA. I am planning on buying a gutted home. I am interested in buying a duplex, but they are entirely to expensive!! I want to know if it is expensive to convert a single home into a double? Is it also expensive to close up a garage and use:confused: it as a bedroom. I have watched it done on tlc, but never really paid attention to the cost!
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 4, 2008, 11:29 PM
    I wouldn't know the cost but buying the single home and converting it will probably be more than the duplex. Don't watch those bozos on TLC, remember it's a TV show. Its all about, wanta be actors, trying to be characters, imitating craftsmen.
    calatre Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2008, 05:31 AM
    You would think a single would cost more than a double but here in new orleans it isn't!! People want over 85,000 for doubles and I can get a single for probably somewhwere between 45 and 60 for the same sq ft!! So I was wanting to know if it was a whole lot more. Now the house is gutted, so the major thing I would think would be the plumbing. I don't know!! I guess I will just get some estimates before I buy the house.
    daisy27 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Feb 5, 2008, 05:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by calatre
    I live in New Orleans, LA. I am planning on buying a gutted home. I am interested in buying a duplex, but they are entirely to expensive!!! I want to know if it is expensive to convert a single home into a double? Is it also expensive to close up a garage and use:confused: it as a bedroom. I have watched it done on tlc, but never really paid attention to the cost!
    It all can be done and it is all about how much $ $$$$ you have to work with!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm so stressed out anyone that can help please do I could use it [ 11 Answers ]

Okay so the past school year I have been sooo stressed out me and my mom have been fighting a lot and like right now we are not talking. I have been missing my dad a lot lately. My boyfriend says some stuff that stresses me out and I'm always freaking out that he is leaving me and it kills me...

I'm stressed [ 1 Answers ]

I am very tensed now a days. I love my husband very much so he does too... (as for as I know.) We were engaged for three years and used to live in different countries. He used to call me twice a day even though it was very expensive. Since after marriege we are living together. He is very nice...

Very stressed [ 1 Answers ]

I'm currently in college and I still have trouble with my math homework I get all the help I can still it isn't enough same with my science class. I was wondering does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm stressed out already [ 2 Answers ]

:( I'm stressed out already I'm tired of trying to please everyone in my family and in my relationship! I have recently dropped out of high school because I'm so depressed that I failed every single one of my classes know I just quite my job because I'm suppose to start watching my nephew I love...

Stressed out [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there I thought at 1 point I was pregnant but I wasn't I was just late but now I'm really stressed out!! I get pissed of easily and I crnt be arsed wi all that because I work a lot and see my friends and boyfriend does any 1 have any tips or advice would really help!ANy tips on chiilin...

View more questions Search