Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    weldergirl06 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Feb 4, 2008, 09:38 AM
    "unfit" father
    The father of my unborn son and I are no longer together. He isn't a good role model, but I know that isn't enough to convince the court that he only have supervised visits every other weekend. He excessively drinks and smokes, falls asleep with food on the stove all night and falls asleep at the wheel in the middle of the day. I feel like he is incapable of properly caring for my son and it would be dangerous to put my newborn in this situation. He tried to isolate me from my family and friends and has attempted to mentally abuse me. I fear he will do the same to my child. He broke up with me because I am a strong person and I did not bend to his will. The problem is I have no proof of any of this, it's my word against his. What should I do?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2008, 09:53 AM
    It is hard to believe you have no friends or family who could be witnesses. Have you separated? You can't be living on an island, so there is plenty of time to develop additional evidence. Also, it is unlikely that he will get over night visitation before your baby has developed over night habits, such as staying in bed, dressing itself, etc.
    Marriedguy Posts: 474, Reputation: 115

Feb 4, 2008, 10:34 AM
    I truly hate to see anyone in this position. First, you are kind of putting the carriage before the horses. From the post it appears that you would be better off without him being in your life. He sounds like real loser so what makes you think that he will want to be a part of your son/daughters' life? He may not and then your are worried for nothing.

Second, the laws vary for state to state. In NY one of my co-workers' wife filed a complaint that he was selling/smoke weed and he had guns in the house. He was drug tested in had weed in his system this was enough to the state mandate supervised visitation. The co-worker had to be regularly drug tested and once he was good for six months straight full visitation rights were granted.

Does he have DWI's? When you said smoke does is that only cigarittes or does that include some type of drugs?

Keep in mind that people change and for that reason I wouldn't force supervised visits. Becoming a father may change him for the better. Like the co-worker he decide to stop smoking weed.. and actually fought and won full custody of his sons.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

Can not "copy", "paste" and "cut" ! [ 2 Answers ]

Last week, my laptop was infected by virus, I sent for repair. After that, I couldn't find "copy" and "cut", and"paste" is in grey colour ! What have to do to have them back ? Can someone help ? Thanks in advance !

View more questions Search