Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    diddlydudette1 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2008, 08:26 AM
    Severance Pay
    I received 3 weeks severance pay from my company that I was laid off last July. The company sent my W-2, but I didn't receive a severance form from them. Neither did the others I asked that were also laid off. So? Does that mean then I shouldn't worry about it?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 4, 2008, 02:16 PM
    The severance pay SHOULD be included on the one W-2 and NOT on a separate W-2. Check your pay stubs.
    diddlydudette1 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2008, 04:12 PM
    Mr. AtlantaTaxExpert, you're da bomb. Thanks again. :D
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 6, 2008, 01:34 PM
    Glad to help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Do I pay sell my stock, pay off my mortgage or credit card debt? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Here are my dilemmas. I own a two family home worth $925,000. I have $95K and five years left on this mortgage. This home gives me about $1,200 in income AFTER expenses are paid each month. I don't live in this home. I have $135K in a 401K and approximately $135K in stock. I have...

Negotiation of a severance package [ 5 Answers ]

My husband was recently fired from a very lucrative position based on a false allegation. Rather than investigate the allegation, the executive fired him, had him forcibly removed from his office, and removed him from the company website. That was Thursday. The decision to fire my husband was...

Severance Pay [ 3 Answers ]

My former employer has defaulted on our signed severance agreement by having insufficient funds for my severance check to clear. In other words, my severance check bounced. I have notified the District Attorney's office and the Department of Labor. Can I file a summons and complaint and have him...

Severance not paid.too long with company! [ 1 Answers ]

Was laid off-(37 years with same company). Company finally closed. However, 5 years ago, company laid off 150+ workers and they were given severance pay. 20+ were retained and over the years others who have left or let go received severance. No severance for the remaining 20+ though. A few weeks...

View more questions Search