Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    priscilla2006 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jan 17, 2006, 12:01 AM
    Dating and still married
    My boyfriends wife left him and we started seeing each other right after she left. Now she is acting crazy trying to kill herself and make threats that he won't see the kids anymore. We love each other very much. Should we continue our relationship or wait for them to divorce?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 17, 2006, 12:09 AM
    Do not continue the relationship. Wait until he gets a divorce from his estrange wife.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2006, 12:56 PM
    You can still continue with the relationship.

Just don't flaunt it in front of the wife.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2006, 04:20 PM
    Wait for a divorce... married men WILL tell you ANYTHING possible to keep you as a mistress. Married guys literally end up with their mistress 3% of the time.

If it is right - wait for the divorce... other wise he IS using you.
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jan 17, 2006, 05:24 PM
    I agree wait for the divorce, I hate to say it but everyone does have a point here. His true feelings will all be laid on the table if you wait until after the divorce. One of two things will happen if you do:1) He will leave his wife and go through the divorce or 2) He will want to try and work things out with her but still keep you around for you know"just in case"
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 18, 2006, 12:28 AM
    I agree with the other comments. Guys hit on me every day, and most of them are cute successful single guys, but some of them are married. I would never get involve with a married man. As a woman you should take into consideration the wife's feelings. Keep in mind that some married men have lots of lines. They'll tell you that their wife has left them, or they haven't had sex with their wives for years. They will also try to convince you that they're trying to get a divorce from their wife, but they don't leave their wife's because getting a divorce and paying child support can be expensive for them. And there are married men who want their cake and eat it too, so they will go out and get a mistress. I think women who get involve with married men need to wise up and have some respect for themselves. There's so many single guys out there, find yourselves someone that is single and stay away from these married men.

Priscilla, you should be careful, this is a married man with kids. I understand that he told you that his wife has left him, but there are 2 sides to the story. There's probably a reason why his wife is acting hysterical and threatening to not let him see the kids. The last thing you want to do is get involve in a domestic feud between a husband and his wife. I suggest that you wait until he actually divorces his wife.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2006, 12:55 AM
    How do you even know each other so well, if you just started seeing him after his wife left? There must be a lot more to the story then your telling but it is better to wait for the divorce and everything finalized. If you truly love each other then waiting patiently for awhile will not hurt.
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2006, 08:37 AM
    Most likely the wife is till in the picture. They WILL try and work things out. He is using thi gal.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2006, 09:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat21
    Most likely the wife is till in the picture. They WILL try and work things out. He is using thi gal.
    How do you really know that for sure wildcat? That may be case for some, but not neccessariy in this one.
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2006, 09:21 AM
    Because... it's a married guy. He wants his cake and eat too. Always. Only about 3% are legitimate.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2006, 09:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat21
    Because....it's a married guy. He wants his cake and eat too. Always. Only about 3% are legitimate.
    I see your point. Very true. But I think this guy has already left his wife and has a new girlfriend, but the wife wants him back - or do you think it still applies??
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 18, 2006, 10:33 AM
    If you two know each other so well then there has been some hanky-panky while he was married.So if a man cheats on his wife with 2 kids ,you mean he'd never do that to you huh!His wife is such a ***** that she drove him to your waiting arms?He is so true blue and you feel so sorry for him going through changes with his WIFE that you just wanted to comfort him!She is acting so badly now that your ready to take her place, divorce or not?I have a sneaky suspicion that we will see your future post here... WHY IS HE CHEATING ON ME! Get a clue and let the man take care of his old business before you come jumping in with your own needs!:cool: :eek:
    jenbry2007 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2006, 02:12 PM
    Well I'm in the same situation, I'm involved with a married man, and in march it'll be one year since our "fling" started. I remember in the beginning he was so nice, like he'd do anything for me, but now he's like it doesn't matter to me, but yet he's very overprotective and gets jealous easily. I remember a couple of weeks ago I said "oh you know you love me" and he's like well I can't deny that. We've never told each other that we love one another. So is he in a way telling me he loves me, or just saying this because he knows this is what I want to hear?:( I mean what do you do especially when your only 17 and he's 27 and he took your virginity, its hard just to be "done" with them. Its easier said than done
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 12, 2006, 03:31 PM
    I will address one issue I did not see address by others.

He is married ( assuming a divorce over the next many months)
    But he will always have an exwife and he will have "kids" by her. So this lady will be in his life till these kids are 18 and sometimes longer.

So she will keep saying nad doing things and trying to use the kids to hurt this person till you can start guess which attack she will use next time. So sorry but you can expect her to try and make your life a living hell till those kids are grown and on their own. ( or she gets tired of doing it)

If he has not been separated more than 4 or 5 months, you are most likely a rebound, someone to get him over or someone to be fun or different, very seldom does these relationship make it,
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 12, 2006, 03:33 PM
    Its easier said than done,but single people should leave married people alone,as far as those flings go.So now your probably seeing him the way his wife did .When he gets tired of you all he has to do is find another dumb female to run his lines on and then you'll really see what his wife went through!:cool:
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Feb 12, 2006, 03:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Its easier said than done,but single people should leave married people alone,as far as those flings go.So now your probably seeing him the way his wife did .When he gets tired of you all he has to do is find another dumb female to run his lines on and then you'll really see what his wife went thru!:cool:
    Damn that was put so well! ;)
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2006, 01:02 PM
    jenbry2007 - get out of that relationship NOW. That man is using you. You're a minor. PLEASE!! He doesn't love you - he tells you thinsg to string you along. Please get counseling and help NOW!!

Cut off the sex and tell him to get a divorce... and then you can be together. I bet $1 million dollars he will be gone fast.

Married men will tell you anything to keep the sex going!! Trust me.

You're to young to be involved with scum like that.

PLUS - it's probably illegal where you live.

TELL YOUR PARENTS ABOUT THIS NOW!! Do you think they would approve??

Feb 13, 2006, 06:16 PM
    Wildcat21:

* I'm in counseling now, it sort of helps, I'm reading a book that's called "Why do they do that" about being in a abusive relationship since he's "mentaly" abusing me. But most of it I can't really relate to because I'm not around him 24/7. you know?

*actually where I live its only legall if you have the parents permission

*my mom knows about it, and she did put a stop to it and that only lasted about month and a half and then I was rite back where I started, seeing him again, my mom found about that and she said well imnot going to tell you to stop seeing him because if I do that you'll just find a way to see him. She said that she needs me to learn for myself about what kind of mistake this is, and blah blah blah, you know? But I'm trying everyday to get out of this, its hard. I know its not easy and I know I should just end it but now that my hearts in it I just don't know.
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2006, 08:35 AM
    End it now. This is so unhealthy Hun. Please, this guy is a massive creep and you don't even realize it.

If it was OK he could tell his wife.

That one thing in life I've learned - if it's OK I can tell my Gal.

Just tell him GET LOST!! Wh ydo yo udo this? Stop ALL communication.

It's is abuse - not love - he's using you.

QUIt using your feelings and use LOGIC here. Women Always get in trouble when they use their feelings.

Feb 14, 2006, 01:45 PM
    I KNOW, that's why its so stinking hard, because we use our feelings

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dating ans still married [ 8 Answers ]

My friends wife left him but then decided she wanted him back. He had already started seeing someone after she left. She is now trying to kill herself and threatening the girlfriend. He says that he loves the new girlfriend. Should he keep seeing the girlfriend or wait till the divorce to start...

From dating to friends to dating? [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my problem. I met this guy about 9 months ago. After only going out a couple of times we started dating. It only lasted for about a month and he ended it saying he didn't think we had enough in common. Since then we have become best friends and spend a lot of time together. But we are...

View more questions Search