Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Silverpetals Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2008, 06:45 PM
    Valentine's day
    I've known my boyfriend for about 5 years and I've been in a relationship with him for 2 years.
    I want to get him something for valentine's day but I'm not sure what.
    Last year I got him a CD and he said that only he should be giving me a present.
    What is the tradition anyway? Does the guy give the girl something and the girl just makes the night special? Or can the girl get something for him too? If so, what does she get him?
    I will write him a card, and I was thinking of getting him a necklace, well a guy necklace cause he's had the same one for quite a while that I gave him several years ago.
    So any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Feb 3, 2008, 07:12 PM
    Valentines Day can be celebrated by two people. There is nothing wrong with you giving him a gift, as he would you. I think getting him a more practical gift might be different. You can never go wrong with a good book and a handwritten note inside the cover of the book.

Some other ideas...

My nanny (20 years old) gives these suggestions

~ Cologne

~ Video games

~ iTunes gift card

~ A nice shirt or clothes of some kind

My suggestions (34 years old)

~ Good book write a message in the inside cover of book

~ Handwritten cards that list different things he can redeem, throughout the year, from you.

~ A great card with a wonderful handwritten message just letting him know what a difference he makes in your life.

~ A cd full of songs you hand pick and burn on the cd yourself
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 3, 2008, 07:15 PM
    Homemade cookies or brownies or cupcakes!!
    Delow84 Posts: 309, Reputation: 45

Feb 3, 2008, 07:30 PM
    You recording yourself singing a good song (your guys' song) or something on a tape recorder. And if you know how put it on the computer and make a cd with it or put it on his iPod or whatever he listens to music.

Like if you know he turns on his radio in the morning driving to work. Make it your CD is in and is the first thing he hears.

Man honestly not to toot my own horn but I like my idea. Wish I could get something like that lol.
    Delow84 Posts: 309, Reputation: 45

Feb 3, 2008, 09:37 PM
    When you love someone listening to them sing "i love you" in any way means so much. But cupcakes and a good book work too :)
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Feb 3, 2008, 10:30 PM
    Every couple does V-Day differently.

My husband and I generally make it silly, because we're romantic with each other when we feel like it, not because some silly day says we're supposed to be. However, that's US. Some couples I know deliberately make the day as sappy as possible.

My husband is getting me wrapped in flannel pjs at a hotel room for V-day (free cable! Woohoo! Cinemax, here we come!) and I'm getting one of those pocket slot machines.

We'll probably pick up Happy Meals on the way to the hotel, and keep the toys as our momentos of this V-Day.

(yeah, I know--silly just does't work for everyone).

Why don't you ask your boyfriend what HE would like you to do? Even if you do something different this year, at least you have ideas for NEXT year that way, and it can be more of a surprise that way.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Rah... I can't give life1973happened any more greenies until I give more love to everyone else. Oh well, if I could I would, K! :)

I LOVE the book idea. Writing a personal inscription in a beautiful "keeper" book is something that he will cherish for years to come.

I also like the homemade goodies thing.

What about a basket-o-goodies? A little (or big) basket full of tasty treats and yummy surprises? Fill it with creativity, little coupons for a kiss or a back rub, movie/concert tickets, his favorite music. Basically, fill it with TIME, that's what's going to make a world of difference.

And, Happy Valentine's Day! :)
    cerisa Posts: 247, Reputation: 71

Feb 4, 2008, 12:41 PM
    A professional photograph of yourself in something pretty?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gift Idea For Valentine's Day [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My brother wants to give his girlfriend a poem he wrote for her. He needs ideas. I told him to frame it, he says he wants to do something special, not common. So, I told him to use calligraphy pens, "NO", he replied. Any ideas? :) Thanks in advance!

What Should I Get Him On Valentine's Day? [ 5 Answers ]

Well... Valentine is pretty close now and am very lost I totally don't know what to get him I need your help ! He's A Punk Head so what the heck am I supposed to get my darling?:D

What Should I Get Him On Valentine's Day? [ 1 Answers ]

Well... Valentine is pretty close now and am very lost I totally don't know what to get him I need your help ! He's A Punk Head so what the heck am I supposed to get my darling?:D

Valentine's Day [ 1 Answers ]

What does he like? One of my favorite gifts to get is a gift card. I have gotten one from Barnes & Noble, Lowe's, Home Depot, Gift card to the movies, Best Buy. It's lots of fun because I can get what I want. If he likes tools: gift card to Lowes/Home Depot. If he likes movies or books: Barnes...

View more questions Search