Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emmahogg Posts: 98, Reputation: 4

Feb 3, 2008, 05:34 PM
    Acrylic nails
    Does anyone have any adsvic regarding getting flse acryllic nails done before going abroad? I'm thinking of having them done before I go to crete in June and was wondering if the heat, chlorine in the pool, seawater etc would damage/ruin the nails?

Any advice would be very much appreciated xx
    TmichelleO Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Feb 3, 2008, 05:42 PM
    I would go with the gel nails that they have now. They are a little more expensive but they tend to stay on longer... I know that the chlorine and sea water won't affect them and the heat shouldn't be a problem... at least I didn't have a problem with them while I was in africa last summer!!
    emmahogg Posts: 98, Reputation: 4

Feb 3, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Thanks, mu mum worried me saying the chlorine might make them go funny and I really wanted them done again (I hae them done for a wedding before and loved them)!. now just any tips on taking out contact lenses and putting them in with said false nails lol!
    TmichelleO Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Feb 3, 2008, 07:46 PM
    Lol sorry not so good with contact lenses good luck though!!
    scratchmyback Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 04:34 AM
    As long as your nails aren't too long you will have no trouble with your contacts. I'm a nail tech and I wear them a good 1/4 -1/3 inch or more past the fingertips. Sometimes longer. If they are a bit rounded it's easier to work with your contacts, than if they are squared off.

As for acrylic or gel - either one would be fine for your vacation. The important thing is to go to a professional, reputable nail technician and not a corner discount salon. Yes you'll pay more but you will be much happier with the results.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2008, 04:54 AM
    I have had false nails for years now, the gel ones like previously stated. I also have contacts and although there are times when taking out my contacts are tough (like when it is time for a fill) it can be done. The important thing is that you use the pad of your finger to get the contact out, also be sure to wash your hands really really well before taking out or putting in your contacts. Dirt and grim has a tendency to get below your fake nails.

Additionally, I was in Italy for a month and was wearing my nails. It was not a problem at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Acrylic Tub [ 3 Answers ]

Ten months ago we had our bathroom remodeled and, in turn, a new acrylic tub installed by our contractor. Now, there is a crack approximately 12inches long running down the middle of the tub and the area is bowed. We are assuming there was no concrete or mortar placed before the tub was inserted....

Acrylic vs. Silk nails [ 9 Answers ]

I am considering fake nails, but know nothing about them. What is the difference between acrylic, silk or gell set? Do they damage real nails? Which is the least damaging? I want a french manicure and understand that certain types of artificial nails have the polish in/on them and do not chip. ...

Silk vs Acrylic nails [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best type of nails (Silk vs Acrylic)?

Allergy to acrylic nails [ 1 Answers ]

I've worn acrylic nails for years. Just recently I noticed when I get my nails filled or have new nails put on, my fingers become sore, red and itch. I assume I have become allergic to either the primer or the acrylic itself. Has anyone had a similar occurrence, and if so did you find another...

View more questions Search