Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennapbt Posts: 131, Reputation: 19

Jan 16, 2006, 09:24 PM
    Unsure about situation
    I currently work as a vet tech at a clinic. Ive been there for about 2 months everything was fine in the beginning I pretty much learned the ropes by myself. Recently though, our office manager hired a newer person. She's been there for about a week. She has already made MANY mistakes, even got a dog's foot hurt to where it needed staples. She seems to not get any complaints from the office manager only from us the other employees. Today we had a meeting on the "proper procedures" but it was basically a meeting about what the other people were mad about. By the way all the other people up there always have something to say about someone else and spend most of the time talking about what someone else did or should do then we all get yelled at because were not doing a good enough job. So now recently I have been getting yelled at on a one on one basis for little tiny things that shouldn't even have been brought up. I get yelled at for something I supposedly did/didnt do yet I always clean up after other people w/ no complaints. So come to find out the office manager at the time of hiring interviewed two people one which was this new one she hired this new girl because, and I quote her words on this, "The other girl probably could have done a better job but I just couldnt come to work everyday and look at her double chins". So that disgusted me. I don't know what to do about the whole situation of me busting my butt all the time then getting in trouble for things I didn't know I did until a week later, the constant gossip of the other employees, and how the office manager runs the place. Im not sure if I should go to the Dr. who is the owner of the facility and tell him how I feel or what I should do. I'm not trying to cry about things just would like to know what someone else would do in the situation or any advice anyone can give. I really enjoy the job, and the job market here is pretty lame right now so I couldn't just switch jobs, but it's just that sometimes its hard to work with these people.:confused:
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2006, 10:01 PM
    Based on the info you have given, I would say stick it out. Bad situation you are in, but as you say, there are not many jobs out there...

Talking to the Dr. Owner is a possibility, but risky as it could backfire. Then you will have this office manager on your back constantly.

Who says you have to do other peoples work? Do your own work, and let the others fend for themselves (that is, those that are giving you grief. That's not to say you can still help out your friends/allies).
    jennapbt Posts: 131, Reputation: 19

Jan 16, 2006, 10:12 PM
    Yeah, that's what type of person I am I can put up with a lot of stuff. I basically just grin and bare it. I'm not a confrontational person at all. I just find it unfair that I have to hear crap about it all the time. I did think about the whole situation of not telling the Dr. because it backfiring, I wouldn't want everyone to be against me. I only do other peoples work because if I see something that needs to be done I do it. Obviously it's a big deal to everyone else so if no one was to do it I guess it would never get done. What really pisses me off is that everyone else takes the down fall of our managers incompetence. Especially when a matter of having a helping hand or not was all based on discrimination.

Thanks for your input

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unsure also [ 3 Answers ]

Sorry I am all new at this and posted as a reply first and now as a question. I have been on a 24 day cycle. I am now 3 days late on that cycle. I am getting a faint line when tested yesterday, but this morning it is even more faint. I have an appointment with my doc tomorrow. I also have low...

Unsure [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I really need help in understanding this pregnancy situation.. I started using the patch about a year ago and had stop using it since last augest and since then I've been trying to get pregnant and nothing yet I see signs that confuse me and I go out and buy tests and they come out negative. But...

Please Help I'm So Unsure? [ 1 Answers ]

HI I'm looking for a psychic who will help me as I feel so unsure inside and right now I don't trust what any of the things I feel. Let me explain about 4 months ago me and boyfriend got engaged we connect so good but then he got scared and so we decided to take things slower... we are back to...

Unsure [ 39 Answers ]

This is regarding the end of my 4 year relationship. My ex and I, have now been broken up for a few months now. We broke up out of the blue, he said he needed a break and left my house crying. I never heard from him until a week later, and he said he no longer loved me, and has not for 2 years. He...

View more questions Search