Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lydia45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2008, 12:48 PM
    Is my dog ill or just old?
    My rotweiler is over 9 years old and in the last few weeks she has stopped eating properly and become increadibly slow. Yesterday when walking her she had a bark at another dog and then came over all funny. She swayed from side to side and her head lolled. When I walked her home, slowly, she was very sick. Any ideas?
    my little jazz man Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2008, 01:04 PM
    I had a rotty growing we got her for christmas when I was 14 she passed away when I was 23. So it might be old age. Bigger dogs don't have a life span like little dogs do. My advice would be take her to the vet and have her checked out. Good luck
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2008, 01:09 PM
    Lydia This may be something that is easily treatable, such as an ear infection. Please get your dog to a vet. She should have a few good years left in her.
    carolbcac Posts: 342, Reputation: 72

Feb 4, 2008, 10:09 PM
    Definitely take her to the vet. This sounds as if it has come on relatively quickly. Old age itself is not a disease; she should not be doing this many odd things all of a sudden.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I want to be ILL! [ 5 Answers ]

There is something wrong with my wiring. I can't stand being healthy. I want to be diagnosed with an illness of some sort! Tb and add are the ones I want most of all. And then there's pcos (dont want it but I think I have it) And I think my mind's making me feel pain a lot. I get sore legs and...

Ill do anything. [ 4 Answers ]

My ex comes in and out of my life. He has a drug problem and turns on me when things are going great.we recently been hanging out and everything was great and then he turned. Out of nowhere said I'm a liar and I talk . That I still see certain guys this and that. I don't understand what to do,...

Ill Dog [ 4 Answers ]

We have a 9 year old Lab that was diagnosed with Kidney disease and after several days of her being on an IV, lab work has confirmed that she has Leptospira, which at least gave us some hope that we knew what to treat. We also had a cat scan which showed the kidneys were small and that the...

Should I tell him that I am very ill [ 10 Answers ]

My boyfriend of two years broke up with me 9 days ago. He says he loves me and is in love with me but he is in a place in his life that he likes. He talked about marriage but did not want to get married. He said he wanted to live together first. We made plans to do this. Decided where to live and...

Ill dog [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a 4 year old border collie but she hasn't been eating for about a week and normaly she's a ball of energy but she's been really dopey lately. Can you please tell me what's wrong with her?

View more questions Search