Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brenok Posts: 47, Reputation: 6

Feb 3, 2008, 12:35 PM
    Wall Street Journal - Article about garnishing exempt funds (SSI, retirement, etc.)
    This is an interesting article by the Wall Street Journal about debt collectors trying and actually garnishing exempt funds like SSI and retirement.
    (If the link doesn't work, Copy and paste the url in your browser search area (right click and click on properties to get complete address).

The debt collector vs. the widow
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2008, 08:55 PM
    Thanks, Bren, the hotlink worked fine.
    Ecomike Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2008, 09:37 PM
    Another good example of how out of control the banking and credit community has gotten thanks to 27 years of Reaganomics turning free enterprise completely loose with out adequate government constraints to control the unbridled larceny of uncontrolled greed!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garnishment of SSI & Retirement Funds-letter to your bank [ 1 Answers ]

This is a memorandum I found written by The Texas Legal Services Center regarding notifying your bank that your accounts are only funded by non-exempt funds such as social security, VA benefits, Civil Service Retirement, etc. It has a sample letter. Even though this is from Texas, I believe it...

Retirement funds garnishment [ 2 Answers ]

Can Nebraska School retirement funds be garnished from bank account

Retirement funds [ 3 Answers ]

Approximately 5 months ago my checking account was seized by a credit card company that obtained a judgement against me that I didn't know about. I filed for an exemption and the money was returned. I live on a fixed income of Social Security and a small company funded pension. I know SS is...

Exempt and non-exempt salary [ 2 Answers ]

I know that non-exempt salary employees are paid for overtime. What is the federal legal requirement for an exempt employee. i.e. management?

View more questions Search