Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fde Posts: 93, Reputation: -4

Feb 3, 2008, 08:13 AM
    Mirena Birth control method
    Does anyone know about this form of birth control? It is a new IUD. I am weary of side affects. Anyone have an experience?:) :) :)
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2008, 08:27 AM
    No experience, seeing as I'm a guy. However, I would do some research... here's a site:

Mirena side effects : Medications.com

Also, talk to your doctor about it.

Feb 3, 2008, 08:48 AM
    Thanks For The Site!!
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2008, 12:33 PM
    I did some research on the 'net, and this method looks to be almost perfect for the right patient. Worth a try, in my opinion. :)

Feb 3, 2008, 03:40 PM
    Thank you both. I will try it.
    giani513 Posts: 179, Reputation: 47

Feb 4, 2008, 11:02 PM
    My wife uses it. She had it in for three years, until we decide to have a baby. The month after she took it out, she was pregnant. She decided to put another in after the baby was born. We give it a thumbs up.
    giani513 Posts: 179, Reputation: 47

Feb 4, 2008, 11:03 PM
    Of course... I have to add that it prevents pregnancy. It does not prevent STDs. I had to add the disclaimer for responsible adults.

Feb 5, 2008, 05:29 AM
    I am and have been with the same partner, we are getting merried this summer. We just are not ready to have a baby and pills are not an option. Thank you for your advise.
    Regina_falangi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 05:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fde
    Does anyone know about this form of birth control? It is a new IUD. I am weary of side affects. Anyone have an experience?:) :) :)
    I tried it. Worst decision I've ever made. I'd been on the pill before. My gyn promised me there would be no systemic side effects. HA. I kept it six weeks and it took me about 4 months to get back to normal. Weight gain, bigger bra, NO sex drive... I would never recommend it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is any one on Mirena birth control [ 3 Answers ]

I am using Mirena, the IUD and I can't lose weight easily , what have you heard?

Birth Control causes birth defects? [ 1 Answers ]

So I take Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and was reading some info about it and noticed that it said you should not take it if you are pregnant (obviously!) because it causes birth defects. So then I started wondering, what if you are taking it and for some reason it doesn't work and you end up pregnant (as...

Is the IUD a good method of birth control? [ 22 Answers ]

My doctor suggested that I get the IUD. Has anyone been on that birth control, and is it safe and effiecent?

Mirena! Birth control [ 13 Answers ]

I got Mirena back in October, or November. Anyway, Since I had it put in, I spot for like 2 weeks every month. The have a heavy period. This is every month. Then all of a sudden, this month... No period. No cramps, no spotting, no bleeding... nothing... is this normal??

View more questions Search