Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tgrudzinski56 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2008, 05:29 AM
    problems with software/hardware?
    :confused: I put together a system that should smoke, primarily for MS Flight Sim X. I have an AMD 6500+ 64 x 2. 4g DDR2 Ram. A gForce 8800 GTX with 756mg on board. X-Fi SB Xtreme PCIe Sound card. Running Vista with Directx 10. In FS X the graphics are great, but there is an extreme lag with some shader problems.
    I've loaded all the service packs for FS X and still have problems. This system is so extreme that I should be able to have every bell and whistle cranked up without any problems, yet I have the lag and shader difficulties! I actually had an out of memory error, which should not have happened. Is this game such a mem hog? I certainly shouldn't have to set preferences down any?
    Could this be a problem with Dx 10, or Vista 32-bit. I actually have an extra 4g of ram I can install but Vista 32-bit won't recognize 8g of ram.
    Whatever the reason I should have enough power to run this game on max.
    Any ideas would really help.

Thanks ahead of time.
    xphelper Posts: 220, Reputation: 29

Feb 16, 2008, 06:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tgrudzinski56
    :confused: I put together a system that should smoke, primarily for MS Flight Sim X. I have an AMD 6500+ 64 x 2. 4g DDR2 Ram. A gForce 8800 GTX with 756mg on board. X-Fi SB Xtreme PCIe Sound card. Running Vista with Directx 10. In FS X the graphics are great, but there is an extreme lag with some shader problems.
    I've loaded all the service packs for FS X and still have problems. This system is so extreme that I should be able to have every bell and whistle cranked up without any problems, yet I have the lag and shader difficulties! I actually had an out of memory error, which should not have happened. Is this game such a mem hog? I certainly shouldnt have to set preferences down any?
    Could this be a problem with Dx 10, or Vista 32-bit. I actually have an extra 4g of ram I can install but Vista 32-bit wont recognize 8g of ram.
    Whatever the reason I should have enough power to run this game on max.
    Any ideas would really help.

Thanks ahead of time.
    I agree! Your rig is smokin' and should be able to handle any game; however, I have heard there are a lot of problems with NVIDIA's Vista drivers (and driver versions) so I would recommend posting your information directly in their forums here:
    NVIDIA Forums
    FYI, the 8800GTX is a hot subject over there and they will have an answer for you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hardware requirement for unigraphics software [ 1 Answers ]

Dear sir I reqiired system configuration for installing unigraphics (UG) software.

Best software/hardware to play game [ 3 Answers ]

Hai there, I just bought new PC by ACER, using windows XP home edition, 256 RAM, 3.0MHz Intel Pentium4. My problem is there are some games I cannot play after download it such as Red Alert 2-Yuri Revenge and my PC will run slow/noisy while I'm playing Stronghold 2 and it will appear (encounter...

Hardware or Software Problem? [ 1 Answers ]

I wiped out Windows Me on a Dell Dimension XPS D266, installed Windows98SE and now can't open IE or OE and anything I try to open is soooo painfully slow. I've fdisked, reformatted and reinstalled Win98SE 3 times and same results. I tried scanreg /fix in MS-Dos and results says it's fixed but it...

View more questions Search