Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2008, 11:06 PM
    Congratulations on the progress that you have made, Yosev! What is it about yourself that you would like people to know besides what you have already revealed on this site?
    TennNurse Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 11:37 AM
    I guess I have an addictive personality. Luckily my first experience with most drugs is unpleasant so I don't WANT to do them again. Smoking (cigarettes) was the exception to the rule, however (as was another thing I won't mention now). But I've found that people with addictive personalities MUST have a replacement. Maybe if you tried replacing the unhealthy habits with healthy ones. Like instead of alcohol drink bottles of water and instead of smoking you could go to the gym or exercise at home or just jog. It may sound silly but the more extreme you take it the better off you are. Take vitamins and obsess over healthy diets, six pack abs, etc. Maybe you could even go to a health food store and find one of those herbal teas or drinks that detox your body. It helped me!
    Good luck!
    yosev Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Feb 12, 2008, 02:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Congratulations on the progress that you have made, Yosev! What is it about yourself that you would like people to know besides what you have already revealed on this site?
    Things like a cocaine addiction at the age of fourteen, an alcohol poisening experience, watching someone close to me die, while I feel it was my fault for years, because we got in a fight the day he killed himself. Moving consistently, and being everyone's shoulder, when all I need was a shoulder myself.

But my problem was, the only person that would listen, and this is true to this day, was my mom, but she had a really hard time to get through herself. So I kept to myself, and now the consequences have cought up with me. My friends and I are aeperating, my girlfriend and I aren't as close as we could be, and I am struggling in school. All because when I ask for help, it makes things harder, because the only person that will listen to me is my mother, who's got too many streeses of her own for me to open up to her.

My professors wonder why I don't talk in class, which sparked a negative relationship with my english teacher, of whom's class I just dropped today.

Feb 12, 2008, 03:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TennNurse
    I guess I have an addictive personality. Luckily my first experience with most drugs is unpleasant so I don't WANT to do them again. Smoking (cigarettes) was the exception to the rule, however (as was another thing I won't mention now). But I've found that people with addictive personalities MUST have a replacement. Maybe if you tried replacing the unhealthy habits with healthy ones. Like instead of alcohol drink bottles of water and instead of smoking you could go to the gym or exercise at home or just jog. It may sound silly but the more extreme you take it the better off you are. Take vitamins and obsess over healthy diets, six pack abs, etc. Maybe you could even go to a health food store and find one of those herbal teas or drinks that detox your body. It helped me!
    Good luck!
    I've replaced everything with working on something every second I'm alone, because I'm not a very social person anymore. I go to work and school, and I play guitar, or take my dog on a walk.

The hard part is the fact that I have a mild case of insomnia, where if I get too much or too little sleep, I get migrains from hell. I've had the ringing ears lately, it's been on a streak for two days now, and I took some Ibuprofen earlier; it helps a lot.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 06:52 PM
    I also think that you get bored easliy so you need something that is going to stimulate you, and it's not alcohol and cigs, how about looking online or in your local area for some company, help, or guidance, otherside activities.. When we get bored with usual routine we tend to get stupid... er, and you sound too bright to be wasting your time. How about some course in college, tech school or a more interesting job?
    Cheshire2008 Posts: 74, Reputation: 17

Feb 14, 2008, 07:06 PM
    It looks to me like something is really bothering you inside.
    You need to get to the root of that and there your answers will be. It concerns
    Me that you are so young and have these addictions. It is hard to ask for help.
    You have made a step by asking for it here. It all starts with one step.
    I think you should go to AA. They can help you evaluate what you are going
    Through. It might surprise you to learn that many people are going through the same feelings as you. You are not alone.
    May I ask why you do not feel you can share this with your Mom?
    Do you feel it will upset her too much?

There are many links for AA that will give you the meetings you need.
    AA is the best free therapy around, so I suggest it strongly.

Oregon AA - Alcoholics Anonymous

Feb 20, 2008, 07:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire2008
    It looks to me like something is really bothering you inside.
    You need to get to the root of that and there your answers will be. It concerns
    me that you are so young and have these addictions. It is hard to ask for help.
    You have made a step by asking for it here. It all starts with one step.
    I think you should go to AA. They can help you evaluate what you are going
    through. It might suprise you to learn that many people are going through the same feelings as you. You are not alone.
    May I ask why you do not feel you can share this with your Mom?
    Do you feel it will upset her to much?

There are many links for AA that will give you the meetings you need.
    AA is the best free therapy around, so i suggest it strongly.

Oregon AA - Alcoholics Anonymous
    WAY too much. She's already helped me through cigarretes and alcohol before, even weed, and I feel like I need to do this one on my own. I'm a week and a half, clean of alcohol, and I have only had about two or three ciggaretes a day so far.

I know what is bothering m on the inside, and there's plenty of things, I don't ever talk to anyone about myself personally, I have past greivences that I have kept secret for years, and I have more stories that anyone should. I'm just learning how to deal with them.

And my cure for alcoholism: Lots of chocolate milk... It seems to help me a lot.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2008, 07:54 PM
    That is great you are doing good. It is good to look to the future and not let your past hinder it. You have to set goals and picture yourself there.
    Where do you see yourself ten years from now career wise and picture it.
    Cheshire2008 Posts: 74, Reputation: 17

Feb 20, 2008, 09:03 PM
    You are doing well but it is Ok to get help AA will help you find a sponsor Someone you can tell everything too and unload all that crap that is eating you up. Try it what do you have to loose.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alcohol Addiction [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a cure for an alcoholic

Addiction [ 25 Answers ]

Help. I just found out that my best friend as an addiction for sleeping tablets called Stilnox. She doesn't only take them to help her sleep but she takes them evey day soon after she awakes. She takes about 5 a day. I keep trying to her she don't need them but she is adamant she does and can't...

Addiction of self mutalating? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a niece whom just wrote me an email in desperate need for help.. She just admitted to self mutilating on her thighs because the wrist is to obvious.. her email reads.. Hay titi what's up? Nun much here home bored because I have no life! Memba when you were talking to me & da gurlz that...

Not an addiction ? But? [ 7 Answers ]

Well, this isn't really an addiction question but it seems like it kind of fell into this group. I was just wondering does anyone know how long after you take a pain pill it takes to get into your system where it would show up on a drug test. I have a prescription for Lortab and I took it the other...

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

View more questions Search