Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dyeuz Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Feb 2, 2008, 09:24 PM
    I need to be SCARED.
    Does anyone have any GOOD suggestions for SCARY movies? Not the blood and gore type, or the head chopping ones. The real scary, couch jumping,heart pounding,hand in your face,goose bumps ones.Old or new. Who will have the movie to scare the hell out of me?The japanese (chinese,korean, all the same) kind ,don`t do it for me these days. Thanks a million... :eek:
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2008, 09:26 PM
    Have you tried the exorcism of emily rose?
    dyeuz Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Feb 2, 2008, 09:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    have you tried THE EXORCISM OF EMILY ROSE?
    Yes, a long time ago. Thanks for answering , but I need a bit more. What is the scariest that you ever saw, I S F ?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2008, 11:31 PM
    I S F? I'm going to need an explanation.

I guess it also matters how you watch it. Do you watch scary movies with your friends... with the lights on... etc?

I agree... these days, horror movies have gone down the drain due to special effects, etc... it's mostly a jump-scare... no more movies that make you stay awake at night. Sad.
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Feb 3, 2008, 08:29 PM
    Try The Cell with Jennifer Lopez. It's a psychological thriller but it's really scary if you ask me.
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Feb 3, 2008, 08:42 PM
    Now I am not at all the movie expert. A scary movie to me is Friday the 13th or Halloween in fact, now that I am giving it more thought, even Casper the Friendly Ghost scared me and it was rated G!

What about The Exorcist? That scared me half to death. It's an old movie but one in which you could wet yourself in fear.
    giani513 Posts: 179, Reputation: 47

Feb 4, 2008, 06:26 AM
    The Omen (the original), Amityville Horror (the original), The Exorcist... watch them all with the lights off. By the time the movie's over, you'll turn every light in the house on... guaranteed!
    Blue Angel Posts: 266, Reputation: 51

Feb 4, 2008, 01:55 PM
    The first Hellraiser is a bit bloody, but you might find it scary. The second one isn't to bad either. It used to give my sister nightmares. You might find the first Grudge a little scary. The first few Puppet Master movies used to scare me a bit when I was younger. Dead Silence wasn't the greatest movie, but the ventriloquist dolls will probably creep you out.
    weldergirl06 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Feb 4, 2008, 02:13 PM
    The Amityville Horror (2005) is pretty scary. Have you seen the Grudge 2? I know its Japanese but I watched it at like two in the morning with my sis and the lights out. The scary really doesn't hit you until you try to go to bed. Then all of a sudden the jacket on the back of your chair looks like a girl sitting in it. I slept with the covers over my FACE!
    Katie4868 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Feb 4, 2008, 02:21 PM
    CandyMan was always a scary movie when I was younger.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2008, 03:12 PM
    Stephen kings 'IT', I couldn't stand watching it all, that clown f***ing scared the s**t out of me
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2008, 03:53 PM
    There was a movie a long time back... "the thing" I think.. set in an antarctic base... scared the bejesus out of me...

Another one from years ago... man... can't think of the name... was about these killer wolves that started to hunt humans in the city, but it was filmed some from the wolves point of view.. that was pretty cool too... "wolven" is what it was called, I think?

Understand these are at least a dozen years old... so maybe they are just bad cinema by today's standards... and I haven't seen them in forever...

So maybe they aren't so scarey after all? Or not.
    rockerchick26 Posts: 93, Reputation: 22

Feb 5, 2008, 07:32 PM
    Poltergeist, The Shining, Saw (although it is bloody), The Ring, The Alien movies , Session 9, The Fly, 28 Days Later. That should keep you busy for awhile...

I LOVE scary movies!! Can you tell? :)
    katrina27 Posts: 92, Reputation: 13

Feb 11, 2008, 06:31 AM
    I would suggest the Changeling. And also Don't look now starring julie christie.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 06:52 AM
    It may be because I'm easily scared, but I thought Sandra Bullock's Murder by Numbers was intensely freaky...

As is Poltergeist... although with Poltergeist the pink ooze was kind of humorous...

Cold Creek Manor is a tad scary...
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 03:35 PM
    I suggest "The Exorcist" like a few others on here , very spooky.
    "SAW" 1,2 and 3 are all pretty scary too.
    "Seven" was very good , not only scary but good storyline as well.
    If you like Vampire movies the original "Count Yorga" scared the bejesus out of me.
    iminsideyourtv Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Mar 11, 2008, 02:19 AM
    Try Strangeland... it's creepy cause it's a real possibility that this guy could be your neighbor. :eek:
    rhbell Posts: 47, Reputation: -1

Mar 15, 2008, 01:50 PM
    I agree with these folks, if you turn out the lights, turn the sound up loud, and don't have destractions, these movies are all good and scary.
    I was around 14 when I saw the original Alien, it was good and scary.
    Also try a movie called Prophecy 1979, I found I scary for the same reason.
    Hope 1 works for you.
    horrorlovergal Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2009, 05:29 AM

The ring 1 and 2, the grudge, silent hill, dead silence and the dark
    hellayeah Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Feb 17, 2009, 06:48 AM
    Ginger snaps is good, a bit gory(being a werewolf movie and all) but really made me jump. I'm a huge horror fan and don't scare easily. Or ghost ship that was creepy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scared of myself? [ 11 Answers ]

I am a 30 yr. old mother of 2 and 1 not mine (my nephew) so 3 total. I have been married 10 yrs. I went through a depressive episode about 9 yrs. Ago and was diagnosed with clinical depression, I have seen many shrinks and been on many different meds over the yrs. Some helped some did not. I went...

Scared of being alone [ 8 Answers ]

I've been in a relationship for about a year now, and for the past 2 months I keep finding things about my boyfriend, that all point to him cheating on me, and when I ask him he comes up w/ logical excuses that actually make sense. I am a little tired of the excuses and I am not sure if I should...

Should I be scared? [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have sex. Quite a lot actually. A few months back I was very itchy in my vagina area and I had a weird pain at times. That stopped... I bought an anti itch cream. I just had my period about a week ago and for that past days I have had an orangish discharge, that is sometimes more...

I'm scared [ 18 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I'm going to have sex for the first time. I am doing it with a guy that I know has done it before and I don't want to do anything wrong because truthfully I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm so nervous . Pleasee givee me any advice you havee!

Just scared myself [ 1 Answers ]

I posted a question on here afew days ago, explaining my fiancé and my attepmts and failure on conciving, but I just realized that I had never asked my doctor about a medication I took a few years ago, I took acutane for horrible cystic acne I had, could I be steril? I really scared myself thinking...

View more questions Search